Restarting after the NY celebrations

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Just to say sorry I've been off the forum for a while - I've been quite unwell (am still ill actually) and have been off work for a few weeks, and haven't been on my computer!

During this time I've been off the tabs too - I went a week without eating but since then and with Christmas I've eaten far too much and gained whatever I may have lost while not eating when I was ill, and some! :(

There is so much chocolate in the house the thought of eating it makes me sick. Think I may have to donate some to whoever will take it... or keep it to give away next year if the expiries are long enough lol!

Anyhow, looking forward to getting back on track. 2011 is going to be a year of staying focussed on the tabs and getting slim, then staying there!

xx

Have a great New Year xxx

Thanks hun, you too!

Went to the doctor's again today (3rd time in 3 weeks) and I have another infection requiring antibiotics. Started with laryngitis and pharyngitis, now have sinusitis....clearly my immune system is shot to pieces!

Looking forward to restarting now. DH and I have agreed that when we go back to work on 4th January, it's back to our previous (good) routines, and any junk left in the house will go in the bin or to a good cause!

Just trying to work out if I should give myself a regime to follow in addition to Xenical, as I was only losing 1-3lbs a month before where others were seeing much better losses. Wondering if there's a secret knack to it... off now to do a bit more research!

xxx

Happy New Year!!

Well that's me done for Christmas and New Year. All my "treats" are now over and like you wannbslim, what's left is either going to be donated or frozen!!

Got on the scales earlier and I've put on nearly 3lbs this past fortnight :eek: !! If I'm honest, I'm not surprised, some of my choices were erm... less than good, but I think I'm just a little dissappointed in myself that I didn't have more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff!

But's its over with now, today's another day and year, so I'm not feeling guilty, it's time to look forward and see what 2011 brings (hopefully it will see my Grandad polishing off the black forest gateaux in the fridge later today, I'd cry if I had to throw that away!!)

Happy New Year hun! Well done on your motivation. I think that getting your head round a few lbs damage and moving on is really important, gives you the drive to work extra hard to shift it again!

Hope your grandad enjoys the gateaux! I have some chocolate to demolish but don't really fancy it after the last few weeks - my body is craving a detox, so think I'll give it what it needs when I go back to work.

One of my new years resolutions is to eat less ready made stuff and more delicious juicy fruit and tasty veg which not only do I enjoy but I need more of as my immune system is really struggling at the mo! I really enjoy fresh fruit and veg but often find I go without it - I am super busy and hate the supermarket so I don't shop regularly and often eat frozen ready meals which has frozen veg in but it's not very tasty. Either that or when I do go shopping I buy loads of fresh stuff which then goes out of date as I haven't had the chance to eat it all - I really need to do a smaller shop more regularly and just buy a few bits of fruit at a time to last me a few days, but its finding the time! I'll find a way!

Anyhoo, it's a new year, let's make it a good'un :)

xx

slimmer sexy 2011!!!! woo hoo x x x

Yes indeed!

Well, I am pleased to say that this week went better than I had hoped. I think this is because I planned ahead and bought in everything I needed so I had no excuses to veer off track!

I decided at the beginning of the week that I wanted to get my 5-a-day in, by having one piece of fruit in some form at brekkie time, 2 at lunch, and 2 veggies with my evening meal.

I bought some pre-packed individual smoothies which I could grab and go with in the morning, plus some apples, oranges, carrots and broccoli. As well as muffins to eat with laughing cow extra light and ham for breakfast, bread for sandwiches for lunch, and turkey breasts and a couple of ready meals for my dinners.

As a result, I have managed at least my 5-a-day, I ate three healthy, balanced, filling meals every day, and didn't feel a single urge to snack - most unlike me. I've discovered that as long as I eat my lunch around 12ish, and dinner about 6 - 6.30ish, I can last the whole day with no snacks. If I'm too late with a meal,I start to get peckish!

So it's been a good week, haven't missed any tablets and I feel great for it :)

Long may it continue! x

have you weighted yourself yet?

Hey hun, I weighed myself just over a week ago and had put on 6lbs :-( but 4 of them have gone now so 2 left to shift. Obv Christmas did a fair bit of damage...either that or it's the hormones...pesky blighters!

Back