Restarting -Online v's Class

natc69

I am restarting SW tomorrow, I do not know whether to do it on my own (I still have the books from before), do it Online or go to class....

What can I get online that's not in the books I have?

Thanks

The thing I find is that the syns have changed over the last couple of years so the books that me and my mother have collected over the last 6/7 years are, for a large part, out of date. I'm a great lover of the website - aside from the lack of forum.

I was considering doing Slimming World on-line as opposed to the class and was looking at this last night. From what I can see there are 3 price bands - the basic works out at £5 a week and the only thing you seem to get for your money is access to the Slimming World website; which like Dreamslim says is vital as foods are changing their syn value all the time. The mid band of membership gives you the Slimming World magazine in addition to this and the high band of cover gives you the Slimming World weight loss books that explains the Plan.

I really would have thought they would have given you an "on-line consultant" but from what I can see that doesn't seem to be the case??

The thing I find is that the syns have changed over the last couple of years so the books that me and my mother have collected over the last 6/7 years are, for a large part, out of date. I'm a great lover of the website - aside from the lack of forum.

I've often wondered why they don't introduce a forum onto the website. :confused: Thankfully we have Minimins - I'm finding the support on here wonderful in a period where I'm really struggling with the Plan!

I've often wondered why they don't introduce a forum onto the website.

They used to have a forum on the SW site many years ago but closed it down virtually overnight because it was unmoderated and they were worried about people giving duff information.

aliscrapper said:
I've often wondered why they don't introduce a forum onto the website. :confused: Thankfully we have Minimins - I'm finding the support on here wonderful in a period where I'm really struggling with the Plan!

Yeah, I only found minimins on Mon and already find it invaluable. Already found some new recipes and is great for finding out syns on the move (the slimming world website doesn't work on my phone - too much data) I've always found slimming world better than ww, for me at least, but they're no where near as up on the uses of the internet. Ww has apps, points calculators and a forum, if slimming world had that it would be perfect :-D

Yeah, I only found minimins on Mon and already find it invaluable. Already found some new recipes and is great for finding out syns on the move (the slimming world website doesn't work on my phone - too much data) I've always found slimming world better than ww, for me at least, but they're no where near as up on the uses of the internet. Ww has apps, points calculators and a forum, if slimming world had that it would be perfect :-D

I've found that a lot of the receipes in the official Slimming World books are duplicated in often three different books; so I'm always on the look out for new receipes and this forum has so many tried and tested yummy receipes!:D

It's also so nice to know that there are people struggling with the Plan just like you are and what they've done/started eating drinking to help them stay on track!:D

aliscrapper said:
Yes it's always mid-week that the enthusiasm starts to dwindle isn't it! lol! - is like having a class to dip into the resources of 24/7!:D

My weigh in tomorrow. Yikes. Lol.

aliscrapper said:
Good luck for weigh in! Let me know how you get on! I've got weigh in Tuesday morning and am already started to get anxious about it!

Thanks, I will do. I'm 50/50 on my weigh in tomorrow, I've optimised but been at the top end of syns all week BUT been to the gym a lot. Being top end of syns may mean sts and gym could mean cancelling that out but still sts. All very confusing. Lol.

Thanks, I will do. I'm 50/50 on my weigh in tomorrow, I've optimised but been at the top end of syns all week BUT been to the gym a lot. Being top end of syns may mean sts and gym could mean cancelling that out but still sts. All very confusing. Lol.

It's so frustrating when all your hard efforts don't show up at weigh in! :( I can eat the same two weeks and lose one week and gain the next!:cry:

It's so frustrating when all your hard efforts don't show up at weigh in! :( I can eat the same two weeks and lose one week and gain the next!:cry:

I've never tried the same menu twice, maybe I should try that. Lol. There are so many things that can affect weight loss, I just go along with how I feel and this week I feel a million times better than last so hopefully the scales won't matter (I hope they don't anyway!!)

I've never tried the same menu twice, maybe I should try that. Lol. There are so many things that can affect weight loss, I just go along with how I feel and this week I feel a million times better than last so hopefully the scales won't matter (I hope they don't anyway!!)

It's probably not exactly the same menu - but same kinds of food - loads of different b choices and plenty of speed food.

I really feel like I've put on again despite sticking to plan; altho this could be me being extra anxious about weigh in as I gained 2.5 pounds last week despite sticking to the Plan!:confused:

No, i know what you mean. I had a few weeks off and went back to it again this week so im just as worried - ill let you know how I get on, ya never know, it may put your mind at rest. Lol.

Back