Restarting tomorrow does slimming world work with PCOS and underactive thyroid??

Hi

I have no thyroid due to Cancer and am on 125mg of Thyroxine daily (i have been for 5 Years)

Last time I did SW I managed to lose 5.5lbs in the 1st week, you might be pleasantly surprised!!!

Good luck

Oh well done! I've been at SW since 28th Feb and have lost 11.5lbs total. It's going incredibly slow so I have been to the doctor's for a blood test today to see if I have an underactive thyroid - I'll find out on Thursday.

I've been browsing the forums looking for people with thyroid problems to see how they're getting on. It's good to see people making progress!

I was diagnosed with PCOS 13 years ago and water retention. I have been fortunate enough to have really good losses in a short space of time but I just put that down to the sheer size of me. However when I get my monthly's it all goes out the window, I get really bloated and struggle to lose anything. The plus side is the week after I always have a very good loss. All the bloating from the week before goes back to normal and I can get back on track. Good luck. It can be done :)

It seems silly but I'm so worried my blood results will come back negative. I've had a stressful few months doing all I can to lose weight, 100% effort and only 50% results, it's so disheartening. If there's nothing wrong with me then I don't know where to turn, I will have hit a dead end. The only reason I have stuck to SW this long is because the alternative is obesity, which is where I will be for definite as it's far too easy to put it back on.

Funnily enough I'll find out the results at 5pm on Thursday, which is when my next weigh in is. I fear a full on emotional breakdown if I have a negative blood result and a disappointing weigh in. (I shouldn't, as I've had a really good week, but then again I've had good weeks before and gained/maintained so who knows.)

I've been keeping paper diaries for my consultant but not on here, I will give it a go though just to make sure I'm doing everything right!

I only do green days as I'm a vegetarian, but I do try and get my superfree in, although that is where I struggle the most.

My consultant has said my diaries are fine though, she has suggested a mid morning snack to keep my metabolism up, which I have been doing this week so we'll see if it helps!

Back