Step 1 Sole Source Returner and cant get into ketosis

Raringtogo

Hi there,

Id really appreciate some help. I last did Cambridge diet 6 years ago and lost 3 and half stone.

Ive since gained 2 stone due to a knee injury which prevented me from my normal 4 to 5 day gym routien.

Im now ok to exercise so have joined cambridge to kick start my weight loss journey again.

I started on monday 2nd Jan, have been 100% but for some reason still feel hungry. I have lost 10lbs so far but I dont feel like im in ketosis. I feel hungry and my ketosis sticks show im not in ketosis. Last time on the diet i dont remember being hungry.

Ive spoken to my consultant and she responded with the following

Some people go into ketosis others don't. Remember I said a few months back that Cwp don't use the sticks anymore as they can be unreliable. With Cwp we have 6 steps, whatever step you do you can still lose the weight. You can lose weight without being in ketosis if consuming under 2,000 calories per day. I know of many who have lost weight without ever going into ketosis. As long as you follow the plan 100% it works xx

If im not in ketosis then essentially im losing muscle mass right?

Hi

Thought I'd reply . I'm a consultant :) when do you tend to use your ketosis sticks? Another reason we no longer use them is that hydration can alter the results. For example if you are dehydrated they will show a darker colour , dark ketone sticks don't always rightly indicate the levels of ketosis.

If you are still hungry and are making sure you are drinking the right amount of water , maybe consider moving up a step or seeing if the vegetable powder you add to water helps curb the hunger.

Good luck for the coming week and congratulations on your excellent loss!

Hello,

Thank you for your response. :)

I use my sticks in the morning. I just dont feel like I am in ketosis this time. I feel hubgry all the time which I dont remeber being the case the first time round.

X

Back