Returning SW Student!

winterfell

Hi all!

My name is Kirsty and I am a 19 year old university student. I started attending Slimming World groups back in February this year after trying the diet February last year. By May 2013, I had dropped 12lbs, but my birthday was soon approaching, and after spending three months at home for summer, I lost track of plan and gave up altogether. I promised myself that after Christmas, I would try following the diet again but without attending meetings, however this was short lived. I found that without paying for a membership with my own money, I had no real incentive and well, beer and treats were just too tempting as a student!

I've found that through starting SW for the second time, I've been able to identify the bad habits that caused my downfall to begin with. What's more is that this year, I have no beach holiday or special occasion to work off the pounds for, which means I can follow the plan at my own pace without any pressure. I would always recommend the diet to other students, for I find it to be a great incentive to cook substantial, healthy meals without having to measure every gram and count every calorie. With its emphasis on eating 'superfree' foods such as fruit and vegetables, I find that already I have more energy and focus in lectures, not to mention my SW-friendly pre-prepared lunches means I keep my purse away from the overpriced university canteen!

I've joined Minimins in the hope of finding some new SW ideas to suit a student budget like mine, and to support any other members - especially those returning from a lapse!

:bighug:

Back