1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Returning SW Student!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by winterfell, 11 April 2014 Social URL.

1. winterfell

winterfell New Member

Hi all!

My name is Kirsty and I am a 19 year old university student. I started attending Slimming World groups back in February this year after trying the diet February last year. By May 2013, I had dropped 12lbs, but my birthday was soon approaching, and after spending three months at home for summer, I lost track of plan and gave up altogether. I promised myself that after Christmas, I would try following the diet again but without attending meetings, however this was short lived. I found that without paying for a membership with my own money, I had no real incentive and well, beer and treats were just too tempting as a student!

I've found that through starting SW for the second time, I've been able to identify the bad habits that caused my downfall to begin with. What's more is that this year, I have no beach holiday or special occasion to work off the pounds for, which means I can follow the plan at my own pace without any pressure. I would always recommend the diet to other students, for I find it to be a great incentive to cook substantial, healthy meals without having to measure every gram and count every calorie. With its emphasis on eating 'superfree' foods such as fruit and vegetables, I find that already I have more energy and focus in lectures, not to mention my SW-friendly pre-prepared lunches means I keep my purse away from the overpriced university canteen!

I've joined Minimins in the hope of finding some new SW ideas to suit a student budget like mine, and to support any other members - especially those returning from a lapse!

:bighug: