Returning to Minimins

JaneN

I've been here before, have not gained back my weight but have gained 12lb in the last year and 7 of that being since Easter... so it's time for change!

I have been diagnosed with a mood disorder and am on Anti-depressants since the start of May. I don't know how this affects my diet options yet. I've done the lot before, you know the yo-yo list but the ones that work best for me are meal replacements or strict calorie controlled. I'm no good 'being good' I have to watch my weight for life.

So.. hoping I can find the energy, motivation and right diet for me - again. I know minimins is a great resource so hope to get the help I need.

Welcome back JaneN:welcome2:

If you are taking medication it would be best to consult with your doctor as you would need to be monitored... for as you lose weight your medication will probably have to be adjusted.

I am just looking in my CD book and it rules out doing a vlcd if you have severe depression (including bipolar disorder) or you have schizophrenia or other psychotic disorder.

Perhaps it might be worth looking into one of the Slimming Clubs?

I was naughty over Easter myself:eek:

Love Mini xxx

Thanks so much Mini - for the welcome back and the advice. I know that VLCD and low carb are not advisable on my meds. As the carbs are advised to be regular intake every few hours. I'm struggling with nausea etc so that has to be taken into account too. I'm veggie so atkins wouldn't work either. lol I am thinking strict calories would work as I could eat 'what I fancy' but within the limits of course. :)

Your support here always rocks. I'll be seeing my GP in 2 weeks so I'll ask what he suggests and what modifications if any are needed to my meds along with what stages. :) I hadn't thought of these so thanks again. x

Back