Returnining to Slimming World for the Fourth Time!

Kay1976

Hi everyone.. Just wanted to post (new to this forum). I've started SW group again for the fourth time in around five years. The first time I did it I got really into it and thought it was fantastic and not a diet etc, just a healthy way of eating. I lost 17llbs. Christmas came and I fell off the wagon so to speak and eventually the weight's returned. I returned to group a couple of times but never really got back into it.

I've always been around a stone over weight so kind of ignored it. I'm really fed up now though so am determined to try it again.

It's my first week and I've gone over the syns quite a bit although I have to say I've eaten less than I did when I first joined up.

My trouble this week is that I'm just about to start my period. I feel really bloated, emotional etc.

I'm just after some inspiration from anyone who's kind of failed on SW a few times before finally sticking to it. And also from anyone who didn't lose on their first weigh in (am sure I wont lose because of my period because I always gain a few pounds)..

I just need some positive inspiration please.....

Hi Kay don't be so hard on yourself at least you know why if you gain it's because of star week, like you I've been here many a times started in 2008 list 5 an half stone two kids later I'm back not sure how many times I've been back and I'm sure in my life it won't be the lsat lol

i find little goals to keep me focused like my daughters christening then another special event gives you something to aim for good luck with your weigh in let us know how you got on an slip ups in life always happen just rember why your doing it an get back on track good luck

Welcome back.x

Try not to put so much pressure on yourself this time round, that may help. Just enjoy the journey xx

I have tried slimming world for the past few years and I never ever stuck to it..

But now I have a holiday to look forward to and I know how uncomfortable I will be at my weight, I have really really tried and I am so motivated.

What helped me was to picture myself looking slimmer and healthier.. Thinking about that dress in the back of my wardrobe I never got the chance to wear. If you really set a goal for a particular date or occasion.. you are good to go!!

But. This is a lifestyle. You can't diet, loose weight and eat what you used to. I have been down that path. Once you have reached your goal you need to maintain your weight by eating the correct amount of calories per day for your weight :)

Good luck, I'm rooting for you!

Hi, thanks everyone... I think we're all singing from the same sheet - I have to realise that it's a lifestyle. For life! So many times I've changed my mindset thinking I can go back to eating what I used to. And it's as though I'm kind of rebelling against the SW ways by thinking that I'm not going to be dictated to by the rules. This time round I'm realising that it's my choice. I either stick to it and lose weight and feel great or I carry on being miserable and not being able to wear what I want, dreading the summer and holidays etc.

Thanks to you all for your comments and good luck everyone. I'm loving this site. I think I prefer this to the group sessions x

Back