Revenge Weight Loss

SparklingFairy

Have any of you ladies lost weight because of your hubbies or boyfriends leaving you? Have you seen them since? What was their reaction?

My boyfriend didnt leave me. But we have split up and he's put me through emotional hell. He also always said he liked me curvy, but I know he likes slim girls more. I know this isnt healthy, but its really driving me to lose the weight.

Hmmm well ive been with my man for coming up to a year and a half. and he says he likes me as i am! (heard that before)

BUT BACK ON SUBJECT LOL

in the past i have done that with my ex boyfriend it spurred me on to loose 4 stone BUT then i went on to meet Mr right and put back on 6
:(:(
so be carefull id do it for you if i were you

sorry just jumping in.. i did this with an ex.. dropped from a size 10 to a 6 (same size as girl he had the affair with) and when he next saw me he was gobsmacked and begged for me back (but didnt get me) i think it can be fab motivation!

Yeah when i split with my ex partner i lost 4 stone, he had left me for someone slim so i thought i would get thin, when i did he wanted me back, i never went back though. However since meeting my lovely oh i've gained the 4 stone again :( and he has gained roughly the same so we gained together, now we are trying to lose together xx

im staying outta this, a girl possesed. Im scared!! Seriously tho, i split with my ex a couple of months back and its made me want to stick to the diet more then ever, not for her but just for myself so i know i can enjoy life and feel happy with myself, and its working :) lol

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" lol I think that might be true.

Thanks for the replies, I've got a feeling most end up wanting you back.

I can't remember that far back LOL!

When my first husband left me, the weight just dropped off me (stress) but he was too into the woman he left me for to really notice. Some of it stayed off but frankly, I was a mess.

A couple of years later she'd had two kids by him (!), left work, got fat, wore leggings and a baggy t shirt (they met when she worked in his office and she dressed in tiny suits etc.) and nagged constantly...

I, meanwhile, had a new boyfriend, had started going to the gym three times a week and had got nicely skinny...with a little muscle. I looked the best I've ever looked in my life. His face, when he came to call for the kids (not a regular event) was a picture. I had just had a bath, so I opened the door with only a (longish) shirt on, and wet tousled hair. I was tanned from my holiday too.

Great fun. I bet he was fed up when he went home to that scruffy b***ch. But I'm not bitter anymore. Obviously.

When my first husband left me, the weight just dropped off me (stress) but he was too into the woman he left me for to really notice. Some of it stayed off but frankly, I was a mess.

A couple of years later she'd had two kids by him (!), left work, got fat, wore leggings and a baggy t shirt (they met when she worked in his office and she dressed in tiny suits etc.) and nagged constantly...

I, meanwhile, had a new boyfriend, had started going to the gym three times a week and had got nicely skinny...with a little muscle. I looked the best I've ever looked in my life. His face, when he came to call for the kids (not a regular event) was a picture. I had just had a bath, so I opened the door with only a (longish) shirt on, and wet tousled hair. I was tanned from my holiday too.

Great fun. I bet he was fed up when he went home to that scruffy b***ch. But I'm not bitter anymore. Obviously.

Love love love this comment!

How strange I was thinking about this in the car today.

My first hubby left me for a much younger girl, but as we have a daughter together I have to see him once every 2 weeks.

I now look and weigh nearly what I did when I met him (long ago) and have nearly all my confidence back.

He has to see that once a week and is now divorced from wife no2 as well. Whilst I am married to a proper grown up!

As the others have said do it for you because you deserve it, there will be plenty more fish in the sea all dying to get next to you!!

Well i didnt lose weight just to spite my ex, it was partly he fault i put it all on the first place through eating takeaways all the time and drinking pints!

Several things had happened in my life including the death of my dad and when we split up i needed a new focus. The weight pretty much dropped off and i started back in the gym again and went back to my old shape.

My weight has stayed off (over 9 stones) apart from the little bit im trying to lose after quitting smoking :rolleyes: and i look back and realise i was very unhappy which i why i was so overweight.

I now go to the gym nearly daily, have a fiance who is a body builder, just had a tummy tuck and quite frankly think i look pretty damn good :eek: :D

I've bumped into him a few times (we live in the same town) and he is really podgy and scruffy and his new girlfriend is a good size 18. I just always smile and be polite because i can see on his face he is wounded - HA, HA, HA - screw you! lol

His mum also does my sisters nails and she always goes on about how good she thinks i look and that he 'made a mistake' when we split. It was the best decision of his life as far as im concerned :p

Rant over :p

I think as long as you want it for yourself as well then it is amazing extra motivation! I have been with my bf for nearly four years and I am now nearly as thin as when he first met me but he hasn't changed towards me whatever weight I have been.

I did however have a bad experience last year at university with a friend (no longer a friend!) and I put on a lot of weight which look me from overweight to obese and I just became miserable and not myself. I moved out of the accommodation that I lived in with her, back to my parents and tried to sort myself and everything out - I joined SW two weeks before the end of the Summer term and have been doing it all Summer hols .. knowing that I am bettering myself after she tried to push me down really spurs me on - and also the thought of what she will feel when she sees me after the holidays a couple of stone lighter and so much happier. I am doing it for me but things like that really give you a push!

Love the stories! Yes I will be doing this for myself too, I've been motivated and lost all the weight before, just recently been trying to find that motivation back .. and here it is!

Its been great reading your stories ladies, and all it seems like loosing weight has made you loose that bitterness :p haha
don't worry, i'm not one of these people who can like anyone despite everything, if i dont like you i dont like you.. and looking better than you is what makes me feel better :) haha

I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and half now, and he has loved me from big to now, and supported me as much as possible although his patience, and mine has been tested at times. But iv had a string of blokes who took me for granted and treated me like crap because i was big and had no self belief or respect for myself, and sleazy men can spot that a mile off! .. being with my OH was an eye opener to say the least! but it deffinatly spurred me to lose weight more, because everyone knew me, and what i was like and i had certainly built myself a reputation over my teen years. Its been nice to prove everyone wrong, and show them that i'm a new person.. and that iv learnt from my mistakes and previous expierances.. and i look great and feel great doing it! .. its taken a while but my little town is no more filled with scandle about me, and im in a nice grown up relationship and my life is far on track than any of the people from my past are. .. Im loving every minute! lol

xx

I left my ex 2 years ago, because he was always having a dig at me about my weigh- 'oh love you could loose that belly and the tree trunk legs...', i was 17 stone!!! I later found out he had cheated on me with a size 8 b***h - everything i wasnt!!!

Since meeting my fiance Richard, i tipped the scales at 18stone 5lbs - i was gutted, and hated myself, but Richard told me he loved me no matter what!
After my 21st birthday in Las Vegas, i came home after gaining 7lbs in 10 days, and also been propose to!!! I decided that was it, that fat was going!!!
2stone 3lbs lighter, i feel fab - Richard is ever so proud of me and i'm so glad i'm sticking to it!!!

I cant wait for the day that i hit target and then go rub it in the ex's face!!!!

He's got fat and he's going balled, so that makes me feel SOOO much better!!!! :D xx

What reading these make, thank you for shareing these personal feelings. It's amazeing what anger and pain can spur us into doing. Its a shame though that we have to have negative feelings to achieve postitive results sometimes.

My ex finished with me the day before my birthday this year.. Over text!!! Shows what kind of man - no sorry boy he was!!

I kind of think it made me re-evaluate my life and decide that i wanted to put myself first instead of others and do something for me!!

4 stone 6 pounds lighter i bumped into him and his face was an absolute picture!! Then low and behold i started to get texts again asking to meet up... And how he had realised what a mistake he had made..

I didn't go backwards - i just ignored it!! I just think he is sooooo shallow!!!

Now seeing an amazing guy who is so supportive - he trains at the gym the same as me and will even eat the same as me and he can see the benefits in his self too..

Its amazing the confidence you get from just allowing yourself to be yourself.. Although being finished with was awful at the time - it really made me think about me and think about the reasons i was unhappy!!! Looking back it did spur me on to start with, but i have and am continuing my journey because of me!!

K xx

Fern are you sure you're not 35???

It's good to read all your stories...some sad and some hilarious!! :)

I've never actually gone through the losing weight to get back at an ex thing...but I did used to be that big girl with low self esteem that was an easy target for guys to home in on, for one night stands or brief flings. I was never a girl that boys asked on dates or got chatted up. It took a lot of growing up for me to realise that I was fabulous and deserved a decent man, not that I should just settle for the first one that showed me any interest!

4 stone 6 pounds lighter i bumped into him and his face was an absolute picture!! Then low and behold i started to get texts again asking to meet up... And how he had realised what a mistake he had made..

I didn't go backwards - i just ignored it!! I just think he is sooooo shallow!!!

Good on you! ;)

I think I must be getting over him, because I'm beginning to think less about him and more about how the weight loss will help me in pretty much every area of my life. But I still cant wait to see his face!

I've never had to spite an ex, but I have enjoyed reading all your stories!

I read a book based around this idea though, a womans motivation for losing weight because she thinks her husband, who she's separated from, is seeing someone else. The book's called "The Wrong Sort Of Wife?" by Elise Chidley if you fancied a look.

Back