Reviews on slimming world

Gingernut

Hi
I would like some reviews on slimming world as before i join a meeting would like to know if there are any bad things about it .And are weight loses quicker than ww And what reviews on the new extra easy plan

Thanks

Hi,
I think you will only get good reviews about SW on this forum! I will sing it's praises until the cows come home, it is wonderful, easy, flexible, you can never run out of food points etc etc

I don't know how weight losses compare with WW and I wouldn't say WW doesn't work, because it clearly does (you only have to look on the WW forum!) but you will find a steady loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week on SW once the initial bigger losses have settled down. I think this compares with WW. Obviously if you have more to lose, you may lose more each week. Everyone is different but bear in mind, one to two pounds a week is healthy.

As for EE, there have been some fantastic losses at my group on EE. It's even more flexible than red and green! You don't have to stick to it for a full week, I tend to have a couple of EE days a week, depending on what I am eating.

In my opinion, there are no bad points at all about SW. I've been at target for almost a year now, i've never got to target before (WW, RC, Atkins to name a few) but I did with SW and I continue to maintain and go to group every week.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but for me, there's nothing better than SW!!

Hi
Thanks for your opinion you seem to have answered the question ive done ww but was always hungry could not eat free foods had to point them .
With the extra easy if 28g of cereal is not enough what can you do
Thanks

Hi Gingernut...

So have you still not decided? I seem to remember a few posts from you over the last couple of weeks, saying you were considering switching from WW...

Everyone is really different and you can't compare WW with SW really. On both plans there are some people who lose really quickly and those who lose, but slowly...then there are some who never fully get to grips with the plan and yo-yo like mad!

The plan will work if your head is in the zone for losing weight. There is no magic wand to remove fatness. It takes hard work, planning, motivation and willpower...on any diet! Just being 'on SW' won't make you lose weight - you still have to put in the energy, like you do on WW to make it work for you. I've done both (WW several years back and lost 4stone) and both work.

I don't think there are any bad things about SW...but that's me personally. Some people have an issue with portion control, and that fact that you can have as much free food as you like sends them a bit loopy. I'm quite good at (usually) stopping when full, so it's not a problem for me.

I love it that you don't have to count up fruit, as it's free. Also, that I can have cheese as a healthy extra, which when I did WW, I used to avoid like the plague!

I'd suggest going to a meeting, get the books, give it a few weeks of a decent go and see if it's the right plan for you.

Hi
Thanks for your opinion you seem to have answered the question ive done ww but was always hungry could not eat free foods had to point them .
With the extra easy if 28g of cereal is not enough what can you do
Thanks

Have a banana on your 28g of cereal, or some blueberries or have 2 weetabix with fruit or have allbran/crunchy bran as you can have 42g.
Or have eggs, beans, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes (all FREE!)
Or have yoghurt and fruit on your cereal (free).
The lists are endless.... also, if you want more, then syn it - another 28g of cereal is approx 6 syns and you get 15 a day!!

Hi
Thanks sorry for asking again it is just that my mind is all mixed up at moment been through different things had a death in family

Hi
You seem so helpful it seems that this plan is the best one all that cooked breakfast for free cant believe you can eat all that for bfast i like tomatoe sauce with egg bacon

There is SO much choice on SW Gingernut...and a lot less counting. Try it and see if it's the plan for you :D

Sorry to hear about your sad loss. Perhaps it would then be best to leave changes until you feel better in yourself. As diets are based upon a state positive of mind, the way you are probably feeling at the mo, you would best not have the added pressure of sticking to a plan and coming to terms with a loss. If you tend to eat when stressed comfort foods you probably don't need poor results or weight gain to add to your emotions.

Phil

Hi
Thanks I have seem to have got over the sad loss but i think it is diets like where ww where you have every single thing to keep your mind on it where sw there is not much weighing or counting to do
You seem to be doing well with your weight loss what plan are you following extra easy
Thanks

Gingernut, you will get nothing but support on this forum. It is a wonderful place, with wonderful people.
No-one ever judges, and if you have a good or bad time, everyone shares in it!

Give it a try, we will all be here. xx

Hi
I think i would be best if i joined a sw meeting than going it alone and also come on here to all you nice supportive sw people

I cant really add much except this is my first day, and I am stuffed up to the brim I have ate so much fruit and even some prawns and still have to have a dinner tonight, never felt this full on WW so give it a try you could always switch back if not working, I'm going to give it a far crack for a month and see if I can do it.

On WW for the last month I have lost 5lbs and i stuck to it like glue and stayed within my points, but with my tummy grumbling as it was hungry, not had that today so thats a good point....

So after a month will see how I have done. ;);):sign0144:

I mainly do red/original drink loads of water and do some cardio each week.

Sorry I miss understood your thread reply... I thought you were in a pickle over your sad loss , which was delaying joining SW... sorry if I was wrong on that.

Philx

Hi shep
Bet you feel better on sw with not been hungry and stomach rumbling especially when you can have free food and not thinking oh ive to count this and that Are you following the red plan you said on another thread

Hi Phil
No im not in a pickle about sad loss what is delaying me joining sw is that i keep thinking about ww and sw this is why i wanted to get some reviews on sw before i join a meeting which i have had some good replys and advise

Thanks
But dont think i will go to ww after what has been said about sw and good reviews

The overlaying issue is that you say that you would put on weight in regard to portion control of food that is free. Please read the threads on here that cover this point. This is the difference in this plan as opposed to other plans. But that said its personal choice, I am sure you will be pleased on this plan if you stick to the basic rules, and of course be honest with yourself when copmpleting food diaries, and count your syns.... "Simpols" as the Meerkat said.

Phil

Back