Reviews on slimming world

That's fab Hellie, I so need to download the ringtone which says "you are receiving an important business call" onto my work phone!!

I signed up for WW monthly pass after having had a bit of a break from SW (I was having trouble going to the evening meetings for various reasons, and sort of ran out of steam). I lasted two weeks before deciding to cancel the monthly pass and go straight back to SW! I just can't be doing with all that counting and weighing and not being able to eat anything but sodding vegetables if you've eaten all your points for the day and having to plan everything so carefully or otherwise you'll have run out of points by 2pm... Groo.

SW can be tricky at times because it can be a bit difficult if you aren't able to find a SW-friendly (free food-based) lunch while out and about or whatever, whereas on WW you could have something or other and point it, but on the other hand I found that I was doing that an awful lot on WW and either a) not having enough for lunch [because a single piece of KFC and a small chips is about as much as you could have without using all the day's points, obviously] or b] having a reasonably filling lunch but being left with bloody vegetable soup for dinner. So then I ended up being cross and hungry and having a packet of biscuits instead. Obviously there are plenty of people who do fine on WW and manage to spread their points out over the day and such, but I couldn't handle it for two weeks, much less several months... SW on the other hand gets easier as time goes on, not harder.

I did WW a few years ago and put back all the weight I lost as it was not a sustainable means of weight management. I think sw is far more sensible as it encourages you to make food from scratch and not have to weigh as much. I have lost 12 pounds so far and faster than I did with ww.

You won't regret joining Huney! I'm 58 and made excuses for years about how difficult it is to lose weight as you get older. WRONG! As you can see I'm losing consistently every week, I've NEVER been hungry. (I was on WW) I don't spend time fannying about counting points all the time, and altho OH isn't following it strictly with me (he eats after I go to bed! :eek: Don't tell him I told you!) He's lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks without trying!
I love this plan, the only problem I had was eating everything I was allowed because I couldn't believe you could lose weight eating so much! In fact the more I eat the more I lose!

Hi Judimac
Think i am going to join sw yes you are doing well with your weight loses regulary.What plan are you following that is the main if you are never hungry it is not nice if you feel hungry .Yes i know what you mean about having to mess about counting everything you eat it is silly really .
Bet it was like a different world when you could eat all free food as with ww had to count . The trouble is to be careful not to eat too much free food or you will feel bloated .
Goes to proof the more you eat the more weight you lose i could never do this with ww cos you had to be careful on your points not to eat too much or you would run out of points

Thanks

Thanks
But dont think i will go to ww after what has been said about sw and good reviews

To be fair Gingernut you only asked on the SW board. Youre not going to get people who are doing SW successfully telling you to do WW.

If you posted the same question on the WW section youd get the same volume of replies all saying to choose WW over SW.

People will always recommend what they know, like and works for them.

Only you can decide. Why not try SW and see how it goes.

I did WW a few years ago and put back all the weight I lost as it was not a sustainable means of weight management.

Completely disagree with that. If followed correctly WW is much more than a diet. Ive been doing it 2 years now and its totally changed my eating habits and my relationship with food. And I KNOW Ill carry those habits on when I get to goal. And I can say hand on heart Im NEVER hungry.

And once youre used to 'fannying about' ;) with points you barely give it a 2nd thought

Hi Starlight
You have done so well on ww and you are never hungry I did ww but i was always hungry
I supose it is how you use your points and eat the filling foods
Do you still weigh everything and count points
Good Luck
You have done so well

To be fair Gingernut you only asked on the SW board. Youre not going to get people who are doing SW successfully telling you to do WW.

If you posted the same question on the WW section youd get the same volume of replies all saying to choose WW over SW.

People will always recommend what they know, like and works for them.

Only you can decide. Why not try SW and see how it goes.

Completely agree Starlight, we are biased on here!! :p

Hello one and all

I must say Ive been reading through this thread & it has certainly brought a smile to my face on this grey morning.

All I will say on the subject is we all differ be it weight, height, hair skin colour , likes/dislikes and I firmly believe the same goes for weight loss.

What suits one person may not suit another weightloss is not a ''one size fits all' situation.

Which every way you choose to loose the excess lbs it comes down to what you yourself believe in will always work for you IYKWIM

Good luck in your decissions you have already made the first & usually the hardest one deciding to loose !!!!

Robyn

it's up to you, i think weight watchers is great for people it works for but as i've mentioned before everybody is different, i am the laziest dieter in the world i am too busy , too stressed and like my food toomuch to "fanny around " lol once you get the hang of it it's a way of life not a diet, one thing i will say is that you will be really surprised at how much you eat and when you see you have lost even more surprised. every diet is difficult till you get the hang of it but whatever you choose good luck and stick with it.

Completely disagree with that. If followed correctly WW is much more than a diet. Ive been doing it 2 years now and its totally changed my eating habits and my relationship with food. And I KNOW Ill carry those habits on when I get to goal. And I can say hand on heart Im NEVER hungry.

And once youre used to 'fannying about' ;) with points you barely give it a 2nd thought

^ I am glad that you find this plan works for you (your weight loss is inspirational btw:D), it just didn't for me. I ended feeling guilty over eating a banana or fresh peas and weighing the peas in the pods then the pods after to work out how many points I had snacked on. I think as stated above a plan has to fit you and ww worked while I was losing but not during maintenance as for me I want a plan with less weighing and more freedom (basically I am like a spoilt teen and do not like regulations :p).
I should add that I never liked the idea of SW before the EE but I just love the amount of free foods you can eat on the sw Extra Easy plan.

I used to do WW and it worked - the reason I changed to SW was my friend told me about it and I needed something 'new' to motivate me.

Starlight I must say your weight loss is amazing!!!!!

I must agree what works for one may not for another, if we were all the same there would only be 1 diet to choose from.

You must choose for yourself which diet plan to do, we can only give our views here.

Gingernut at the end of the day you must decide whats best for you. Good luck :D

Back