Rhubarb Clafoutis

CaledoniaDreaming

Silver Member
Base:
400g rhubarb, sliced (frozen or fresh)
sprinkling of sweetener to taste

Batter:
300ml milk (I used 150ml unsweetened soya milk & 150ml soya cream!)
vanilla pod
2 eggs
3 egg yolks
3 tbsp sweetener
pinch of salt
1 daily allowance of oatbran (fine or ground with a coffee grinder)

Using a non-stick oven dish, roast rhubarb and sweetener for 20min at 180C (10min if fresh)
Meanwhile, heat milk with vanilla seeds and pod on the hob till just simmering then set aside to cool
In a bowl beat eggs well, add sweetener, salt, cooled milk (remember to remove vanilla pod!) and fold in oatbran. Leave covered with a tea-towel to soften whilst the rhubarb finishes off.
Remove rhubarb from oven and cover with batter, cook at 180C for approx 20-25min

Lovely warm or cold, can keep well in the fridge...
I'm going to try reducing amount of sweetener by adding orange zest/ginger or cloves to the rhubarb.

Really delicious and filling (especially if you scoff it all, like I did, shhh :eek:)
Also, amounts/ratios of eggs/yolks/whites can be adapted, I'll try a few variations and edit in later.

I've adapted it - now just flavour the milk with vanilla extract and I think last time I used 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white and two yolks!! And I reduce the amount of sweetener by adding ginger/orange zest. Could you do a classic cherry clafoutis in Conso? I love cherries...

Amazing recipe CD - ate the whole thing on MOnday and had a good belly ache - noooooo cherries allowed on conso so don't you dare make one with cherries!!!! I love cherries and would love to make this recipe with them but isn't it banannas, cherries and grapes that your not allowed??????? Darn it!

This was amazing. Halved the recipe and scoffed the lot for breakfast. The topping tastes like the yummy bit from bread and butter pudding...yummmmmmmy

Going to make this CD, good recipie xxx

I think this is just what I need!! THanks xx

You're very welcome Fluffypoppet - I'm glad it helps! I'm actually glad I'm back Dukaning now as I really enjoyed so much of the food I ate last time, I'm definitely making this again next week. Yum :)

Back