Step 1 Sole Source Rice pudding - curry

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by hungry120987, 22 January 2014.

1. hungry120987

hungry120987 Well-Known Member

Hi fellow cambridgers!

I hope everyone is feeling great & the desire to inflict harm on anyone that eats pizza in front of you is fading!

I'm not sure if anyone else is weird like me & hates the standard flavours?

I tried the rice pudding & thought it had a lovely texture but a taste similar to licking my wellies clean after a long stomp in the woods!

I had a 2nd packet & decided to experiment, I added curry powder, garam masala & chilli flakes & made a curry!! I thought it was fantastic, the vanilla worked well with the other flavours & it tasted a bit like a korma.

I've been on this diet for more than 6 months now so finding a curry dish has made me a very happy person!

Has anyone else tried this?

Jay x
  2. ShelleyWebb

ShelleyWebb Member

No, but I am gonna try that!
  3. leehal

leehal Well-Known Member

Someone at work tried this after your tip. Said they liked it and wonders why Cambridge don't make it already.
  4. jellibelli

jellibelli Well-Known Member

That sounds so good!
    Ordering some rice pudding next week!
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using mobile app
  5. hungry120987

hungry120987 Well-Known Member

Oh good, I'm glad someone else has enjoyed this :) I also don't understand why Cambridge don't do this, it's so cold and horrible outside the curry makes me feel warm and toasty!

It seems a bot odd to me in general though that Cambridge push the sweet products so much, I think it would be better if there could be a savoury bar, I wouldn't normally have a chocolate bar for breakfast, I'm not sure it's setting up the best habits for when I'm finally allowed to eat again!
  6. Monica88

Monica88 Well-Known Member

I tried this after ur post and it was delish. I have even tried using it with ss+ I used my protein allowance with chicken and grated cauliflower so it was like rice it was amazing and was like a huge meal. Think ur brilliant idea will really keep me going!
  7. MrsElms

MrsElms Active Member

Sounds good, always crave savoury more than sweet. I never get on well with the soup though x
  8. Dreamofsuccess

Dreamofsuccess Well-Known Member

I have been thinking that too. Why all the sweet things when the general idea is to change your eating habits. I think in step 3&4 the bars would be good as you are eating meals and they would be more like a treat then. However that said it won't stop me eating them lol. I do wonder how it will impact the future though.