OMG the Mexican rice...

NicolaR

Hi everyone
I started on a VLCD on 10th January. I used to use Cambridge but was looking for something cheaper. Exante had a deal on so I thought I’d give it a go.
I bought about 10 Mexican rice thinking it might be similar to other savoury packs I’ve had in the past.

Ohhh no.

I can hand on heart say that I’ve managed to swallow some disgusting things in the past (ooh er!) like the Cambridge tomato soup 🤢

But this Mexican rice was beyond my wildest dreams of foul. It tastes like it is made out of bitterness and shame!
Does anyone actually like it? It’s just a few bits of rice floating in what seems like a sea of slimy gloop covered in cumin. I hate wasting money on diet products but I have to admit they went in the bin.

On the plus side, I’m 10 days in, still 100% and lost a stone so far 🙂

Or you could have returned them under Distance Selling regulations and got your money back on unused packets. I know if you do bit of digging some people have had trouble sending stuff back, but unused packages should be returnable as long as you stick to their rules. Exante do have a clear Returns Policy. If they say you can't and/or won't refund your money, dispute the transaction with your credit card issuer and also contact Trading Standards.

Nicola I bought the Mexican rice and the chicken piri piri meals and they're both atrociously gloopy. I've actually been gagging whilst eating them. And as you say, I've eaten a LOT of diet products in my day.

Maharg, I might try to return what I have left of them. I suppose the problem is that they were bought in bulk and trying to work out the cost of what's left might be a problem. Nothing ventured nothing gained though. Thanks for the info and the link!

Back