RICE PUDDING ???

ELLIEMONSTER

Can any of you amazing people tell me if Rice pudding made at home between four people using free sweetener and semi skimmed milk would be a low syn pudding????

i am desperate for a sweet fix for pudding and love rice pudding...

If not does anyone know a low syn sweet pudding that I can make?? :confused:

thank you in advance!!! :D

Yes, pudding rice is a free food on green and EE. Use your milk allowance and it's just fine!!

I add nutmeg and cinnamon to my rice pudding and syn a blob of jam. Lovely!

providing the portion size you have is within your HExA for milk then it would be free. You couls also add some cinamon and apple slices once it's cooked and cooled, which is YUMMY!

I have got a great syn free (using milk as hexA and provided you're not on Red) recipe for rice pud!

You need:
Pudding rice
Boiling water
Milk
Sweetner and 1 egg (2 if you're cooking for 4 people)

Cook the pudding rice in water (cover the rice generously in water) until it is soft.
Drain off any excess water and return to hob.
Add enough milk to almost cover the cooked pud rice.
Heat this gently.
Once heated add the egg(s) and stir through ensuring the whole lot is warm.
Add sweenter to taste.

I have this sometimes when I'm craving something sweet and it's amazing when it's cold outside (and did I mention its SYN FREE?!)

I hope that may help! I'm sure you could also, once the egg is incorporated, transfer to the oven if you prefer a baked rice pud but I haven't tried this so may be best to experiment before serving to guests!!

Enjoy xxx

I have got a great syn free (using milk as hexA and provided you're not on Red) recipe for rice pud!

You need:
Pudding rice
Boiling water
Milk
Sweetner and 1 egg (2 if you're cooking for 4 people)

Cook the pudding rice in water (cover the rice generously in water) until it is soft.
Drain off any excess water and return to hob.
Add enough milk to almost cover the cooked pud rice.
Heat this gently.
Once heated add the egg(s) and stir through ensuring the whole lot is warm.
Add sweenter to taste.

I have this sometimes when I'm craving something sweet and it's amazing when it's cold outside (and did I mention its SYN FREE?!)

I hope that may help! I'm sure you could also, once the egg is incorporated, transfer to the oven if you prefer a baked rice pud but I haven't tried this so may be best to experiment before serving to guests!!

Enjoy xxx

Thanks for the recipe, please can you tell me how much rice you should put in?

Thanks

Hey BeckyT,

Glad you liked the recipe - it really is yummy!

I just approximate the pudding rice normally but it's roughly half a cup's worth so about 50g per person!

Enjoy!
xx

I quite like the sw rice pudding, once its cooled (i like it cold) i mix in a pot of vanilla muller to make it a bit more creamy.

x

Fab thread!! Must try this during the week x

Spooky - I had some today :)

I actually made it last night when I was peckish but after eating a couple of apricots & some pineapple chunks the nibbles went away. I mixed in a free Shape yoghurt and took it to work to enjoy this afternoon.

Back