Rice Pudding

Grace89

Hi

The other day I saw a recipe for rice pudding and I really want to try it, I'm going shopping tonight so I will get the ingredients tonight. The main ingredient was pudding rice, is this Free? Can it be eaten on any day or green only?? :confused:

Rice is free on a green day and EE if you eat it with 1/3 super free. I usually have mine with slices of mango or apple and cinnamon. There are lots of recipes for making it but my favourite is made with yogurt.

The recipe sounded really easy, it was something like half a cup of pudding rice, nutmeg, sweetener and any muller yoghurt of your choice. You boil the pudding rice, then drain off when cooked, stir in a pinch of nutmeg and as much sweetener as you like then once cool stir in the yoghurt.

I imagine the rice is free but only on green or extra easy...I'm not sure if you could eat this on a red day.

I forgot to get the rice today but I'll be getting some soon cuz I can't wait to try this, hopefully its nice.

Apparently you can make rice pudding in a slow cooker, using the recipe on the bag of pudding rice, but substituting sugar for sweetner and full milk for SS milk.....think i'm going to give it a try today!

fs22 said:
Apparently you can make rice pudding in a slow cooker, using the recipe on the bag of pudding rice, but substituting sugar for sweetner and full milk for SS milk.....think i'm going to give it a try today!

If you make it with water, and then stir in yogurt tho, you'll save your HEa and/or syns :)

If you make it with water, and then stir in yogurt tho, you'll save your HEa and/or syns :)

Thanks!

Do you stir the yoghurt in just before eating? guess yoghurt doesn't slow cook very well.....

fs22 said:
Thanks!

Do you stir the yoghurt in just before eating? guess yoghurt doesn't slow cook very well.....

Yes, cook it and them drain it-some one posted higher up about using yogurt

Grace89 said:
The recipe sounded really easy, it was something like half a cup of pudding rice, nutmeg, sweetener and any muller yoghurt of your choice. You boil the pudding rice, then drain off when cooked, stir in a pinch of nutmeg and as much sweetener as you like then once cool stir in the yoghurt.

I imagine the rice is free but only on green or extra easy...I'm not sure if you could eat this on a red day.

I forgot to get the rice today but I'll be getting some soon cuz I can't wait to try this, hopefully its nice.

fs22 said:
Thanks!

This one :)

Back