Rice weight???

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting - Diaries' started by Legomom, 15 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Sorry to be a pest but I was bullied into making the kid friendly version of rice an peas today and I'm a bit scared of the portion size lol
    As I was eating with the kids I used a boil in bag White rice and the box said each bag of 62.5g was 211 cals? BUT the portion was soooooo huge I can't help feeling that there's no way that's right? we don't eat rice much so I'm not sure!! I couldn't eat it all so just put a generous serving spoonful on and called it 211 for the rice?

PS if you want to make this for the kids it's just rice cooked in watered down veg stock with peas an sweetcorn (instead of kidney beans) pinch of thyme, pinch of paprika (instead of a scotch bonnet) and slowcooked fried onions stirred through at the end (fry light an water is fine). Mine eat it with home made southern fried chicken strips rather than jerk chicken :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    How the heck have I put this in the diary bit??? And how do I move it???

:( sorry guys!!!

4. Sazbirl

Sazbirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    That sounds lovely I think I will make it next week, I don't know how you move it sorry.x

5. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    It's probably the only thing my boys eat that's not made by the captain ;) or Chicago town lol

6. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    I wonder if you could substitute the peas and sweetcorn for anything else. (they are the only veg I cant stand)

7. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Proper Jamaican rice and peas uses beans :) google for a grown up recipe! It's delicious! Kidney beans are fine. And you cook the rice in a coconut milk/water mix with a scotch bonnet chilli floating in there! Mmmmmmmmmm

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.