Rice

BrittW

Timelord
I made diet coke Quorn with rice on Sunday. It's been in the fridge since. If I eat it today - will I die?

Lol...i hope not:) can't imagine this to be incredibly nice though (can't use the puke smiley on my phone;-))

LOL! "Will I die?", that made me giggle.
Well, I know your not supposed to re-heat rice, but I've done it plenty and I'm not dead yet :D
xxx

I personally wouldn't as it's been over 72 hours, I doubt you'll die but might feel a bit poorly :(

Um, personally I wouldn't eat rice that had been there that long, but its up to you.

I often use rice that has been in the fridge a few days - ate some yesterday that had been there since Saturday and I am still here.:p
Recipe sounds delicious as a vegetarian could you post it please when you get the time.
Thanks Irene

Hi Irene, found this recipe which might help. Obviously you would need to substitute the chicken with Quorn, but I think it would work pretty much the same :D

Diet coke chicken

Serves 2, syn free

4 chicken breasts diced
1 can of diet coke/coke zero
6 tbsp of passata
1 tsp of worcestershire sauce
1 diced onion
fry light

1. Fry the chicken and onion in fry light until the chicken is cooked
2. Add the coke, passata and worcestershire sauce
3. cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has turned thick and sticky, the sauce will greatly reduce
4. Serve with wedges/rice and salad

Hope this helps xxx

i personally wouldnt eat rice that has been kept that long, but would eat other things that been in there for 4 days. I often make big vats of soup and have them for the weeks lunches.

diet coke chicken sounds yum...will have to try it!

I made diet coke Quorn with rice on Sunday. It's been in the fridge since. If I eat it today - will I die?

Sadly, yes. One day you will die - unless you are immortal. :whistle:

I wouldn't eat the rice though, I think it's been in the fridge for too long.

Well, I ate the rice. I didn't have anything else with me for lunch lol.
I ate it at 12:30pm and I'm still alive and still feeling fine! I'll keep you updated!!

Oooh no I wouldnt have eaten it, rice can be a bit funny! However, if you are still here to tell the tale must be OK. There is a thread on here somewhere about it. I am having chicken diet coke tonight, I would love it with rice, but am good and have it with a load of beansprouts instead, hubby has his with rice. Its lovely isnt it

Okay odd info source here lol... my baby weaning book says its fine to store rice in the fridge or freezer untill it goes bad, its only room tempreture which the evil rice bacteria forms which can not be destroyed

reheating rice is fine too as long as it has been done straight from fridge or freezer

Brittany - it's been 4 hours.

You dead yet?

:D:D:D

Oh god. What if she is....?

Does that makes me officially the most callous cow on Minimins?

lmao... yes it would... someone will have to make you a siggy saying most callous cow on minimins if she is dead now lol

From the Food Standards Agency

Q. I've heard that reheating rice can cause food poisoning. Is this true?

A. It's true that you could get food poisoning from eating reheated rice. But it's not actually the reheating that's the problem – it's the way the rice has been stored before reheating.

Uncooked rice can contain spores of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. Then, if the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will multiply and may produce poisons that cause vomiting or diarrhoea. Reheating the rice won't get rid of these poisons.

So, the longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that poisons produced could stop the rice being safe to eat.

It's best to serve rice when it has just been cooked. If that isn't possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible (ideally within one hour) and keep it in the fridge for no more than one day until reheating

*pokes Brittany with a stick*

Oh dear lol

Back