Rice

Actually I think poking dead things with stick is slightly more callous....

BRITTANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

you both can have a callous badge lol wouldnt want you evil ones fighting over the badge...

Phew....nice to hear from you gal. I thought my reputation as resident Mother Theresa was at risk then for a bit...

It's not that I don't care I just make sarcastic and flippant comments on public forums that I can't retract...:479:

xxx

I ate some rice last night that had been in the fridge since Sunday :D and feel fine. I also reheat rice a lot and have never had any ill effects :)

The bug that can grow in rice is called bacillus cereus. Personally I would never eat reheated rice, or rice that has been standing around to go cold and then sit at room temperature.

I'm a bit of a bacteria geek cos microbiology is my job:)

I eat reheated rice all the time. I'm fine, I usually fridge it and then reheat from the fridge.

Although, my dad - who is 71 in Dec- always eats rice that is reheated. He leaves it standing overnight in the colander and then eats it the next day. He has NEVER had food poisoning. EVER.

I find this debate on rice very interesting.
I love rice and my SW diet was based on pasta and rice, perhaps that's why I didn't lose much weight.
When I cook rice I keep it in the fridge for a few days, heat and reheat it, nothing ever has happened to me. I think you are talking about rice in resturants, people have known to become ill after reheating the "takeaway rice". My 2 cents worth:D

Back