Right I've had a go of making the jelly

unreal83

Want to be a yummy mummy!
I poured 1 pint of hot water in a jug, sprinkled on the gelatine, whizzed it, added the flavouring, whizzed it, added the red colouring, whizzed it again and split it between 2 tumblers.

Now in the fridge, i hope they turn out ok, i guess this may be trial and error!

Does it sound like i done it right?

sounds pretty good! i havnt tried it yet but want to, lemme know what its like! xxx

sounds pretty good unreal.
for future reference though, it sets quicker if u use 450 mls very cold water in a bowl, then a half a cup (50mls) boiling water with the gelatine sprinkled in. stir til dissolved then pour into the cold water, add the flavouring and food colouring ( no need to whizz at all, just stir with a spoon) and it will set within 1-2 hours.
cherylxx

sounds pretty good unreal.
for future reference though, it sets quicker if u use 450 mls very cold water in a bowl, then a half a cup (50mls) boiling water with the gelatine sprinkled in. stir til dissolved then pour into the cold water, add the flavouring and food colouring ( no need to whizz at all, just stir with a spoon) and it will set within 1-2 hours.
cherylxx

Brilliant I didnt think of that! I will try that next time.

Thank u x

So its totally ok to eat - I feel like its too good to be true - here's a picture of the final thing!

I used a teaspoon of the flavouring, a sachet of the gelatine, water and also red food colouring and its just like real jelly.

Surely this is wrong!!!!!!

Attachments

• Jelly.jpg
    Jelly.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 42
does it have any calories or carbs in it? or can we have it unlimited? xx

does it have any calories or carbs in it? or can we have it unlimited? xx

Thats what I want to know.

I guess we shouldnt have it every day as it may effect weight loss a teeny bit but at the weekends this will be a godsend! Saturday night with jelly! Wicked!!!!

told ya it is yummy unreal :D.
ive been having a jelly everyday for the last 8 weeks or so (i usually turn it into a chocolate tetra trifle with a choc tetra mousse on top.
the jelly has a grand total of 42 calories for the whole thing (12 cals for the flavouring and 30 cals for gelatine) and contains 0.6g carbs (flavouring only)
SO ENJOY. :D

told ya it is yummy unreal :D.
ive been having a jelly everyday for the last 8 weeks or so (i usually turn it into a chocolate tetra trifle with a choc tetra mousse on top.
the jelly has a grand total of 42 calories for the whole thing (12 cals for the flavouring and 30 cals for gelatine) and contains 0.6g carbs (flavouring only)
SO ENJOY. :D

Thats really good! thanks, can't wait to try it, im loving having ice cream in the evenings, and the fact that it looks like ice cream i think is tricking my brain into thinking im enjoying something naughty lol xxx

it doesnt make any difference to my weight loss and the fact that ur adding an extra half a litre of water having it is a good thing.
considering it takes 3500 calories to affect ur weightloss by a pound of fat u would have to eat 84 jellies in a week to affect ur weightloss by 1lb.
seriously, dont worry, its not worth even considering hun, just enjoy it

if you use that stuff instead of the mix a mousse.. do you not get that crappy froth at the top??

x x

correct kitteh, thats the biggest benefit, and u dont have to blitz it with a blender either, just dissolve in half cup of boiling water and stir into 450 mls cold water, hey presto, ' normal nonfrothy' jelly. lol

Back