Fizzy jelly!

violetfire

shrinking violet
I decided to try something...I have seen posts from people using gelatine with water flavouring to make jelly so I decided to try it with Dr Pepper zero.....I heated it in a pan added the gelatine, stirred until it dissolved then let it cool before putting in the fridge.....ITS AWESOME!!!!! it keeps some of the fizz so it has a almost tingle texture on your tongue and its kept all the flavour! Think I will try it with my sugar free cream soda next :D

Anyway I have added a picture
. DSC01004.jpg

Sounds fab where do you get sugar free sns friendly cream soda

Most store own brands are fine, Morrisons certainly is. It's the 'No added Sugar' one, Asda's 'Sugar Free' Cream soda has no citric acid, and is 1 cal per 250ml.

slimmerwithin said:
Sounds fab where do you get sugar free sns friendly cream soda

Its asda's own :)

Does it have citric acid

Sounds fab! Where do you buy gelatine? Never looked for plain gelatine before, usually buy sugar free granule stuff when on other diets! Is gelatine ok? Do we have a limit? Thanks :)

Oooooh nice idea!!!!!!!!! Might have to get some cream soda and give that a try - i have some gelatin in the cupboard! :)

Dr Oetker makes powdered gelatine and most stores sell it. I'd restrict to one serving per day as although it's pure protein it does have calories.

And don't buy the vegetarian version as it's full of carbs.

Yeah I only have 1 a day :) the cream soda one is nice but not as nice as the dr pepper zero one :)

Tried a few local supermarkets today and no gelatine! Gutted was looking forward to a jelly desert tonight! :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't think you could have fizzy pop on slim and save?? Does this mean I can have diet coke??? xxx

Nope diet coke contains citric acid. You can have coke zero or dr pepper zero, think it's 500 ml per day but would double check the amounts as I don't tend to drink them so not sure. Check the stickies for allowed drinks :)

cherry coke is citric acid free too, but the diet one isn't (guess who spent ages in the shop checking labels tonight!) so i guess small amounts of cherry coke would be ok?

Asda own brand do a diet cherry cola that doesn't contain citric acid, it has the allowed malic acid x

cherry coke is citric acid free too, but the diet one isn't (guess who spent ages in the shop checking labels tonight!) so i guess small amounts of cherry coke would be ok?

No normal cherry coke is really high in sugar!

It's not just the citric acid, check the calories and carbs too. Both should be as near to zero as possible.

Yeah the asda own brand one is diet cherry cola the carb content is 0.3g per 250ml and 3 cal x

Back