roast chick peas

Violetwind

Determined
Been reading that even though they are free slimming world would consider roasted chick peas as synned and food abuse. But surely calorie wise Im better with a wee half tin of these than super noodles or a bowl of pasta?

Ooh these sound interesting, I can't seem to find a recipe for them here as am using my phone, do either of you have a recipe or link to one please?

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I'd forgotten about these, I used to have these all the time.

Violetwind said:
Been reading that even though they are free slimming world would consider roasted chick peas as synned and food abuse. But surely calorie wise Im better with a wee half tin of these than super noodles or a bowl of pasta?

When you roast them you remove a lot of the water, and basically change the consistency, and therefore their energy density. As SW is all about eating foods which are filling, and you are basically reducing the 'fillingness' (if that's even a word!) you are more likely to over eat on them. Chickpeas are pretty high in calories, but are usually very filling, hence a free food. When you roast them the calorie content stays the same, but their ability or fill you up reduces.

Hence food abuse, and Syns

Hope this helps x

Whoops, I've just demolished a tin of chickpeas (not roasted!) with a salad for lunch, I didn't realise I'd just consumed 300 calories in chickpeas alone! Bloody hell!

But chickpeas eaten like that are free food if you are doing extra easy or green days.

Roasted chickpeas as a SNACK are the problem.

All food when eaten as part of a meal is ok . It is when you make food into other food to snack on then its synned like cous cous cake roasted chickpeas roasted lasagne sheets to make crisps, crisps made from thinly sliced potato etc.

If it is to replace a high syn snack food then chances are it also needs to be synned

Latte said:
But chickpeas eaten like that are free food if you are doing extra easy or green days.

Roasted chickpeas as a SNACK are the problem.

All food when eaten as part of a meal is ok . It is when you make food into other food to snack on then its synned like cous cous cake roasted chickpeas roasted lasagne sheets to make crisps, crisps made from thinly sliced potato etc.

If it is to replace a high syn snack food then chances are it also needs to be synned

Exactly. Perfect explanation.

Back