Roast Pork

Edwin

Silver Member
Hi guys , I need some help...

Does anyone know how to roast a joint of pork - not necessarily SW as I won't be eating it! I am veggie and have been so since I was 11 so don't cook much meat but now find myself needing to roast a joint of pork and don't know where to start! Am I right in thinking the skin needs to get crunchy or something?? Please canI have all your hints, tips and secrets for the best pork!!

Thank you so much x

Well I don't do anything special but start the oven off really high 230 ish (sorry don't know what that translates too if you are electric!)

After 15 mins turn down to about 180.

For crackling the skin needs to be dry so pat it down with some kitchen roll and I sprinkle some sea salt on the skin.

As for how long you need to cook it, it depends on the size of joint. Y[FONT=&quot][/FONT]u could get yourself a meat thermometer to be extra sure or allow 20-25 mins per kg plus 20 mins on top.

You can roast it with garlic and red onions and also you can sprinkle with some herbs.. sage is good with pork.

Sx

Ps

The juices need to run clear for it to be cooked so to check push a skewer or sharp knie in the middle of the joint and press so some liquid comes out, if it is clear it is done if not and it's pinky it needs a bit more. Pork can get a bit dry if overcooked but most people like it cooked well.

Don't tell me that! Surely if I cook it until the juices run clear and it's burnt to a crisp it should be fine..... lol

Mmm, yum, I love pork... especially in a white roll with stuffing and apple sauce.........dread to think how many syns there are in that!!

Back