Roobius tea and sparkling water?

jillcambridge

Hi there,

Can you have either Roobius (sp?) tea and/or sparkling water when you are on SS please?

Xxx

You can have leaf teas (e.g earl grey, peppermint, breakfast etc) but not tea made from fruits.

Wikipedia says "Generally, the leaves are oxidized, a process often, and inaccurately, referred to as fermentation by analogy with tea-processing terminology. This process produces the distinctive reddish-brown colour of rooibos and enhances the flavour" so it looks like you can have it.

I've always drunk sparkling water - can't drink still - yuck!!

Tonic water is not sparkling water; it's a completly different drink. Soda water and sparkling are the same thing. And yes you can have still or sparkling on CD. Tonic water has quinine dissolved in it (giving the taste) and usually is sweetened with corn syrup or sugars or artificial sweeteners (diet variety).

Hiya, yes you can drink Rooibos tea and sparkling water on CD. I absolutely love Rooibos tea and would be lost without it. :)

Thanks girls - was struggling a bit on green tea and plain water only. Am going to a friends tonight and would like to take sparking and have it with some ice so I feel like I'm drinking a real drink!

Yum, will get some roobis (sp?), also earl grey - stupidly didn't realise you could have earl grey even though I've been drinking normal tea (no milk)!

Thanks again

Xxx

Tonic water is not sparkling water; it's a completly different drink. Soda water and sparkling are the same thing. And yes you can have still or sparkling on CD. Tonic water has quinine dissolved in it (giving the taste) and usually is sweetened with corn syrup or sugars or artificial sweeteners (diet variety).

Is tonic water alright then? My CDC said it was but if it's got sweeteners in it it can't be allowed surely....

Is tonic water alright then? My CDC said it was but if it's got sweeteners in it it can't be allowed surely....

CD booklet doesn't list tonic water as an option; only sparkling and still.

Hi

Found an old thread where a CDC (Icemoose) asked head office and was told that the official answer is a "no" to Earl Grey because of the citrus oil in it as contrary points out above.

Back