Room for another?

chrisb

Hello. :)

I've been lurking and reading your comments for a week and have taken the plunge and booked an appointment to see my CDC on Wednesday.
Because I have an underactive thyroid and take thyroxine daily I need my Dr's permission to start the programme.
Has anyone heard of Dr's refusing to give permission? Or of anyone on thyroxine having problems because of it? I know my Dr will have a good moan and tell me to get myself to the local SW class! Hopefully though after his moan, he will sign the consent form.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome chrisb,

The Cambridge Diet is compatible with all standard thyroid procedures and it is recommended to consult your doctor about it as you are doing.

I have never heard of a Doctor refusing for this reason.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Fingers crossed you will be starting your diet before you know it.

Love Mini xxx

I was worried about going to the Doctors ( i have high blood pressure ) and was anticipating loads of questions. However, she seemed pleased that I wanted to do something about my weight, asked me some questions asked if I wanted to try some appetite surpressers instead but when i said no she signed my form no problem . She didnt take me off medication but wants me back in 5 weeks to monitor me.

I nearly didnt go on this diet as I didnt fancy seeing the doctor but Im really please I took that step so Good Luck

Thank you Mini and Blitz. I finish work on Friday for a week, so fingers crossed I will be ready to start then. I thought if I'm at home it doesn't matter if I feel ropey for the first couple of days. Looking forward to a slim me!

Thank you Mini and Blitz. I finish work on Friday for a week, so fingers crossed I will be ready to start then. I thought if I'm at home it doesn't matter if I feel ropey for the first couple of days. Looking forward to a slim me!

Good thinking :)

If you start cutting down on carbs now and slowly increasing your water intake it will go a long way in reducing the withdrawal once you start on your diet.

Here's to a slim summer for all of us:)

Love Mini xxx

I understand your concerns because I had the same ones. I only started on Wednesday last week and picked part way through the week that my husband was away and made sure that day 4 and 5 were at the weekend Im now on day 4 and not had too many side effect althoug h I dont have the same energy. But its still early days yet

I also cut out the carbs 4 days before and upped the water intake.

Good luck

What side effects have you had Blitz? I've got the week off to study and write and assignment, so as long as my brain doesn't seize I should be ok.
I'll start on cutting down carbs from today and more water from tomorrow.

Ive had only 2 slight headaches (which was evening day 3 and morning day 4) which cleared up after taking anadin.
Ive generally been a little bit more tired( however im also having to get up 20 mins earlier 5.40am! as DH is on hols and I have to see to the hound and I do tend to be more tired when hes away)
Ive been slightly hungry at times, however nothing that isnt bearable and I believe that will ease when ketosis steps in.
also mouth starting to feel cloggey however I believe thats could also be start of Ketosis. However Im surprised that I havent felt more hungry than I am so thats a plus.

It feels quite scarey taking the 1st steps doesnt it?

Yes, it is scary. It seems like a big step to take. I think we have about the same amount to lose so hopefully we shall both be a lot slimmer for the nice summer they are predicting.

That would be great wouldnt it.

Im going on a city break to Barceolona in May and would like to look loads better by then. I usually buy a few new outfits and it would be great to get them in much smaller sizes

That sounds nice. I'd love to go to Barcelona. I'm undertaking the Moonwalk in May and renewing my wedding vows in July, so really hoping to have lost the weight by then.

From the losses posted on here as long as we stick to it and dont cheat we should both be well on on way. Just think as well with all that weight off the moonwalk will be easier ... isnt it about 26 miles????

Also your wedding in July, my best friends getting remarried in July and Id love to but a really smart trendy outfit. I havent seen some of her family in years so I need to get the weight off to impress!!!!

So we've both got simliar weight to lose and target dates we can help support each other.

Hello. :)

I've been lurking and reading your comments for a week and have taken the plunge and booked an appointment to see my CDC on Wednesday.
Because I have an underactive thyroid and take thyroxine daily I need my Dr's permission to start the programme.
Has anyone heard of Dr's refusing to give permission? Or of anyone on thyroxine having problems because of it? I know my Dr will have a good moan and tell me to get myself to the local SW class! Hopefully though after his moan, he will sign the consent form.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hiya Chris B....and WELCOME !!

Fingers crossed that you get a positive response from the Doc.....

Look forward to getting to know you and sharing your successes.....:)

love

Debz
xx

Hi and welcome, I remember the first steps so well, and how scared I was too, so all you have to do is ask if you need anything.

We are all here to help, so fire away x

Thank you. I'm looking forward to sharing the highs and lows, with everyone.
yep, Blitz your right, its a 26 mile walk! I had visions of having a heart attack half way through it if I don't lose weight.
We can support it other and both have nice WOW factor outfits for July!

A couple of my friends did the moonwalk last year & anotherone theyear before. I've had 2 trivial thoughts .
1. you can (could) opt to do 1/2 the course.
2. when do you order your bra? Ipresume they are issuing some again this year. if you have to get it too far in advance it might (should) havebecome too big by the night of the walk.
If you definatly are going please keep us informed

Back