Room here for a guy?

Tomsk13

I'm a guy who has just started the LT diet (on day 4 now) and was looking for a forum to discuss the diet and get advice and support etc. i found this and was well chuffed though i have noticed that its mostly females here so i do feel kinda left out, hope you wont hold it against me. Anyway I'm on the diet for 2 weeks and am considering another 2 weeks after it depending on whether i can afford it (male version is more expensive). I know i shouldn't be impatient but i noticed that a few people were losing as much as 10-11lbs in their first week, so far i have lost 1 and am worried that i may not lose enough after all this effort, i know its early days yet like. Also upon looking in the mirror it seems rather than losing fat (from my face and stomach) I'm losing muscle (from my chest, shoulders and arms) is this supposed to happen? Because i was quite happy with my upper body, its my stomach and face i don't like. :(

Hi Tomsk13,
Welcome! lol. As you are on day 4 you are only probably just in ketosis or getting to that point so I wouldn't worry if you have only lost 1lb. I only lost 4 lb in my first week and was gutted but week 3 after exercising a bit I have managed to lose 8lb! Some people on here have had amazing losses in their first week but this can be for a number of reasons- they might have more to lose or they are exercising etc so don't beat yourself up!
As for the fat lose again everyone one is different! I have lost fat off random places such as my fingers and toes! I recommend you measure yourself because for me this was a lifesaver on weeks I didn't lose many lbs. So far I have lost 5 inches of my waist!
If you don't mind me being nosey how much weight do you need to lose?!
Good luck
T x

Thanks, i don't feel so bad now. I don't need to lose masses of weight, in fact when i wear baggy t-shirts a lot of people can't tell i'm overweight apart from my double chin but i have a huge round belly which causes me severe low self esteem, especially since i used to be really toned (i was a swimmer) I'm wanting to lose about 1 1/2 to 2 stone but it only needs to come off my belly and face and it seems to be coming from everywhere but there, hopefully as you say ketosis is just kicking in it will start to come from the right places. I'm just gutted because at the moment I'm looking worse than when i started.

welcome to the forum Tomsk13, it will get worse befor it gets better, thats just my opinion anyway, the first few days are the hardest but you just need to stay strong and be focused and keep telling yourself why you are on this diet. dont get to down about your 1LB loss babe, weight flutuates so much every day and i am sure come your weigh in day at the chemist you have lost a good amount, good luck :) x

To be honest it hasn't been that bad actually. I do get stabs of hunger but the worst is when there is food around, the smell drives me crazy. While i was mixing my shake the other day my sister came in with a subway sandwich and ate it in front of me which wasn't easy, but overal I am managing ok, i was very tired today though, i could barely get out of bed. I think that might be because i have been swimming the last two nights on the trot. Haven't got the bad breath yet (least i dont think so) or a fury tongue so I guess i haven't started Ketosis yet.

Another question, I'm in two plays over the next couple of weeks and across those 2 plays i have to kiss a total of 4 girls, for the sake of these girls am I allowed to take sugarfree gum or mints or will they affect the efficiency of the diet?

nope no gum, even if sugar free , you can use listerine breath strips or nuphar breath strips though which they might sell at your chemist as thats where i get mine or maybe even try ebay , as i know a few others do buy theres from there, you could always carry a little tub of toothpaste around with you or little bottle of listerine mouthwash to swish around your mouth when your breath gets smelly :)

Another question, I'm in two plays over the next couple of weeks and across those 2 plays i have to kiss a total of 4 girls, for the sake of these girls am I allowed to take sugarfree gum or mints or will they affect the efficiency of the diet?
hi and welcome, no ye cant take sugar free gum or mints the only ones i know you can take are the listerine strips your chemist that sells your lipotrim will have them the mints gum will take you right out of ketosis and you will feel very hungry and very tempted to eat

Ah ok, mouthwash may be fine. We can have breath sprays to can't we? sure i was told that, one of the girls is a dental hygienist so she could probably get me something. Thanks.

Welcome. Glad there is another guy on this site now lol.

I use listerine cool mint mouthwash and nu-phar strips.

I used a breath spray when I started LT earlier on this year and I couldn't understand why I was struggling and feeling hungry most of the time and it MUST have been down to the breath spray, it must have knocked me out of Ketosis, so I guess breath sprays are a NO NO.....sorry. I carry a small tube of toothpaste around with me and every now and then (especially before I was about to chat to someone) I would dab a bit on my tongue.

Hi Tom and welcome to to the forum. There are quite a few guys on here if you have a look around but I admit, us girls are a majority!

I note that you want to only diet for 2 - 4 weeks. I was just wondering if you were aware of the re-feed period? Only I would hate for you to lose the weight only to instantly regain it when you have your first Subway! I've been told that the first place that the fat seems to go from is the arms, legs, face. I'm delighted to see that I have a jaw again and have said goodbye to a few of my chins!

Try not to obsess about the scales either, because one the best features of this diet is that as long as you have been 100%TFR and not cheated, you can't fail to lose weight and I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you go for your weigh-in!

All the very best. xXx

Thanks for the reply and yeah the 2-4 weeks is mainly because 1) this is very expensive and i don't make a lot of money and 2) because this is my first diet and i wasn't sure how well i would handle it. I was worried about that, i don't need to lose weight from my legs and arms, just my face and belly, so far its coming off all the wrong places.

As for the refeed period, i was meaning to ask about that, I am planning on sending away for the free samples of the flapjacks etc. but was wondering if these are absolutely neccessary to avoid putting the weight back on or will going into a healthy diet of salads and fruit etc. be ok?

I am planning on sending away for the free samples of the flapjacks etc.

hi tomski. i think yourll find the free samples you send away for are the maintenance products once you finish on the shakes and soup and the flapjacks are part of the weight loss package so youve gotta buy um! :) how you finding it anyhow?

h x

You must do a proper refeed to avoid gaining the weight back. When you go for your WI as your pharmacist if you can have the refeed sheet to take away with you.

Clair x

Not too bad actually thanks harriet, i was quite bad yesterday and am feeling quite hungry now but overall not as agonising as i thought. Only problem is as i mentioned i seem to be losing from all the wrong places. and i didn't know flapjacks were part of the diet, I was only offered shakes and soup and they had no soup so its 2 weeks of shakes for me.

Also they never said anything about a weigh in when i was there or a refeed, they didn't even tell me to come back when i was finished to discuss the refeed, i don't understand how i could put weight back on by eating salads and fruit but if the refeed foods are absolutely neccessary then its worth the extra effort and expense to keep the weight off, course i will want to put some more weight on regaining all the muscle i have lost.

hey welcome to the forum an the good luck wiv the diet. :)

bex

i don't understand how i could put weight back on by eating salads and fruit but if the refeed foods are absolutely neccessary then its worth the extra effort and expense to keep the weight off, course i will want to put some more weight on regaining all the muscle i have lost.
hiya you need to re introdue food into your diet a certain way e.g ye cant have fruit until day 3 or 4 i think ask your chemist for the refeed sheet and try not get the same one as you did they didnt sem much help i often find that though some of them are good and some couldnt give a sh** but remember your paying them for it so ask what ever qs you want thats what there there for

Back