roos nanny trying again :-)

roosnanny

Gold Member
leave them alone, and they will come home, wagging their tails behind them !
where to start...i have type 2 diabetes, which historically has been extremely poorly controlled !
blood levels would be around 10-11 in the morning before i had even consumed anything,
and would rise throughout the day, even with metformin.......so the doses have been increased,
and juvia (sp) added.
dragging up to date, three weeks ago started a vlcd, and lost 10lb which is ok don't get me wrong,
and blood levels have been around 6.7 in the morning(not had that in years !
however it's so restrictive i crumbled last night (i'm not great emotionally atm ) and consumed
two slices of pizza, a chocolate mini roll ,Doritos ,chocolate buttons, two lemon slices.
not much for a binge that would normally happen, usually would have been carnage !
obviously i felt such a let down, and disappointed as the hubster is following the vlcd, and i felt i let him down,as he's trying so hard.
i thought deeply while on my exercise bike for and hour, and figure i know what i need to do.
This morning there seems a glimmer of ketones still there, repreeve in the midnight hour !
so......back to basics .
and as a pet update.....only tropical fish now ,not the tree frogs...fire belle toads ect anymore.
breakfast .
olive oil
1 x fried egg
1 x bacon medallions.
lunch.
tuna and mayo with salad.
dinner.
lamb chop, salad with mayo.

Hey Roos nanny, how is it going so far? I want to start Atkins again too. I'm going to read my book again tonight. It's honestly the only thing that works for me. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago now too and I take six metformin tablets per day 3000mg. (I take such a high dose for my pcos). diabetes levels were fine at last review but wonder if that is down to high dose of met. Anyway good luck with your atkins journey. where is everyone else? xx

It's v quiet here isn't it! Good luck with Atkins :)

Have you read Michael moselys blood sugar diet book? I found it v interesting - low carb.

it's much too quiet. :confused: I miss everyone!! Thank you. I just need to get started now. No I've not read that one. I'll look it up now xx

Back