Rooster Potatoes

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
hi there, does anyone use the rooster potatoes? I hv got them and i did make them into potato slices. they were quite nice but seemed to burn, anyone else use these??? xxx

Hi Debz, these are my absolute fav spuds, they seem to be a really good all rounder for all my usual things (mash, roasties, chips, sliced on top of a pie) and never turn to mush! I've never had the burning problem though....

I used them for mash last night and i kept the skin on them. Dont think they were as good as they should be lol!!! Also, when I mashed, i put butter in them but syned it at 20 syns!!!!

I used them for mash last night and i kept the skin on them. Dont think they were as good as they should be lol!!! Also, when I mashed, i put butter in them but syned it at 20 syns!!!!
BUTTER?!!! Is swearing allowed in these forums? ;) :p

I've its for a dinner that has gravy, usually just a splash of milk, if its a drier dinner I've used laughing cow extra lights with success. On the hellmans ad they suggest a dollop of mayo, would have to try this with the e l version and see but not sure it really appeals to me...

I don't eat mash very often so haven't got round to trying any light versions yet. I like the idea of mayo, and fromage frais isn't too bad but needs a bit of black pepper to give a bit of lift. Before SW I would use mostly milk and a little bit of marge... ok, a not so little bit of marge :) If you haven't used your HE 'a', a heaped spoon of grated parmesan is rather tasty.

I add to mash
Semi skimmed milk
An egg yolk
And 2 or 3 butter buds sachets (0.5 sins a sachet)
Salt & pepper

Tastes really creamy and buttery but without massive sins, and that serves all 4 of us, so not even half a sin a serving :)

Back