Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Don't know what to say Rose, I know it is hard when you are good and don't lose, I struggle to lose even when I am really good so have no real suggestions. It is hard when you just don't fancy the food, not eating enough can stall you too. Wish there was something I could do to help xxxx

Food today:

Double sausage muffin, no muffin
5g

crispy bacon
0g

dietimeal choc shake
1.5g

fillet steak, asparagus, mushrooms
2g

tea
2g

tesco NAS lemon
2g

TOTAL: 12.5g

Thanks guys, sorry for being such a miseryguts.

WELL. I think I've decided to have a break from the diet. Sunday will be my 10th week with no wagon-falls and i'm proud of myself for managing that, but these last two weeks have been so hard. I feel sick all the bloody time and looking at what I'm eating - crispy bacon, fillet steak, it should feel delicious but it just makes me want to retch. It's difficult for me as I am naturally so restrictive about what foods I will / won't eat. So my range here is even more limited, and I feel there may be other health factors possibly deficiencies playing in to this.

HOWEVER I don't want to gain weight, so I am switching to a VLCD for at least a couple of weeks, after which I'll see if I can continue to hack that or if I feel up to coming back on atkins. I was going to go back to cambridge but have decided to give Avidlite/Dietimeal a try as they do lower carb/higher protein options and I've liked the low carb things of theirs I've been having.

Turn away now if you don't want to see details of a non atkins food plan...

Have got a few things to try but my days will work out roughly like this:

B: dietimeal natural oatmeal
146 kcal, protein 14g, carb 7.8g

L: dietimeal MRP dessert shake
90 kcal, protein 18g, carb 3.4g

T: dietimeal spicy bolognese
135 kcal, protein 10.6g, carb 14.1

Additions:
dietimeal RTD choc shake
100 kcal, protein 15g, carb 1.5g

2 x babybel cheese
120kcal, protein 8.8, carb 0

TOTAL: 591 kcal, protein 65.8, carb 26.8

Plus the odd splash of milk in tea. I'll make the odd substitution, I bought a few of the dread atkins bars to swap out with the bolognese on college days so I have something solid to eat while there. On Sundays I'll swap a pack out and have a protein + veg roast meal.

It's only for a couple of weeks to begin with, a way of letting me not eat meat without gaining weight (hopefully). If it's working for me I'll stay on it, if not, probably on with induction.

I should have the delivery by Tuesday, so will continue atkins until then and UM. Well there's barely any action on the dietimeal/avidlite forum. I'm not sure if you guys want me to move my diary to the general members diary section or what, once I switch. Shall think on't. Either way I will be around here because you're all lovely and I'd miss you. If you don't mind.

Rosebug,
What ever you do - don't leave us!!!!!!:cry:
Please keep your diary here and definitely stay doing all your wonderful supportive posts - we need you.

You are definitely an Atkinser at heart and that you need to take some time out is just fine. The fact you are still looking at the carbs in the shakes just proves it ;)

If you are worried about confusing people - why not just update your diary title to include "taking a short shake break"!

You have and continue to make amazing progress and need to follow what is right for you. But also listen to how you feel and hopefully get some energy back to help out

Huge ((((((hugs))))))
xxxxxxx

PS if you move - I'll promise to find you:D - me a stalker?!

Like the little Jim Henson creatures in Labyrinth, I will always be around should you need me. ;) Changing the thread title is a good idea... if I could only figure out how...

I think you can go to your first post in the thread and hit edit - that should let you change the title:)

I shall have a prod at that when I'm back on the computer - falling asleep right now so am on my phone.

A very cheesy day, just can't stomach more meat.

Food today:

30g red Leicester
1g

Filling of mum's cheese croissant, quarter of a fillet steak
3g

Cauliflower & sauce of Philly, milk, garlic & Parmesan
6g

Dietimeal choc shake
1.5g

Total: 11.5g

Ha, changed it, and from my phone too. And I finally figured out where the emoticons live, though I can't use those on a phone.

Ooof, sleeping early completely failed, but staying up all night means my short story is written up 3 weeks ahead of time. Just a few more rewrites and three 3000 word essays and I'm done for the year....

Hey Rosebug...Me and you are kindred spirits!! I am totally an Atkins and believe in the theories and science, but I wasn't losing any weight. Therefore I went back to a vlcd on Weds but I am not telling my family and friends that I am doing LL but when I am out with them I shall be green and clean in small portions.

I too have checked out the carb counts on my packs and they are really high, so I am thinking about keeping the packs to 2-3 per day and having protein. It makes the plan even more expensive but it is my thought that I can keep a store of packs for when I do the transition from LL to Atkins will be smoother.

I am so fed up of not losing weight and being fat!!!!!! I have 6 stones to lose and I want to wear nice suits for my new job and finally do it for ME.

I am with you every step of the way and even though I won't get time to post much on here, you are always my inspiration and confidante. I look forward to reading your posts and hope that the new plan works for you.

Keep strong and I believe for all of us that we can only fail if we stop trying xxx

Ohhhhh my god. Stayed up all night to write my short story then woke up, saw a random comment on twitter about a film someone had watched and looked it up - this film which I've never seen or heard of is based on the same principles as my short story. And they're really out there, crazy principles, too.

I have no idea what to do. I've never seen this film but who will believe that. And this story has been writing itself in my head and in notebooks and on my iPhone for weeks and weeks now, I'm not sure I have a big enough idea in me to write something else within the time left.

Damn damn damn damn damn damn.

Weighed in : 12 stone 11, 1lb loss

Last edited:
I am so fed up of not losing weight and being fat!!!!!! I have 6 stones to lose and I want to wear nice suits for my new job and finally do it for ME.

I am with you every step of the way and even though I won't get time to post much on here, you are always my inspiration and confidante. I look forward to reading your posts and hope that the new plan works for you.

Keep strong and I believe for all of us that we can only fail if we stop trying xxx

(((Hugs))) Rachie. You'll get there, babe. We all will. I'm so bloody determined to finally get this weight off and get the life I've never had. It's a battle but we can win it.

Food today:

3 slices parma ham and some mozarella
0g

half an apple
8g

cabbage, spoonful cauli cheese, shallot, two bites of pork chop
6g

tea
3g

Total:17g

Attempting meat today has just taught me that I really am off meat for the time being, yurg. I'm going to quorn it up until I get my avidlite stuff, and add some berries, so probably will try to keep under 30g carbs rather than 20.

Rosebug, don't ditch the story. Most stories have similar ideas, so long as it is not like word for word pagurism you will be fine, and if you have come up with the story yourself, how could it be identical. Don't worry about it, and forget what your friend told you, you have never heard of the film, er what film,lol.

Unfortunately the film aired on channel 4 last night, apparently, but I've made a few people who watched it read my story and they say it's not really very similar so I'm still frustrated about it but can deal. But really, what are the chances.

Bad luck, but I'm sure the similarities are screaming out to you as the author, but will be much less striking to a reader. What was the film called Rose? Great that you've got it in the can with so much time to spare too.

Hey Rosebug, I am so sorry that you have seen this film and it is similar to your short story. However, think of it this way. Bridget Jone's diary is a modern take on Pride and Prejudice, but no-one has ever told Helen Fielding not to write her books. They also say that most music is based on simplistic melodies just adapted and reformed in different ways. This is Rosebugs take on principles and they are as unique as you!!!!

Stick to your guns keep going and draw strength that no two stories can be exactly the same if written in isolation. Plus, take comfort that 2 great minds think alike.

I am with you on your battle with the weight. I am determined that I want this weight off so that I can wear nice clothes feel comfortable and then I can order my brand new Mini Cooper D in British Racing Green with Union Jack tattoo on the bonnet brum brum xxxx

Back