RTM

lola123

Silver Member
Can someone tell me about RTM, does it still cost £66 a week. I know I'm jumping the gun what with only one week under my belt but would really like to know. Oh and how long are you on it for????

I am not sure but I think you go down to 2 packs so it does get cheaper. I am sure one of our RTM peeps will let you know shortly.

Hi Lola

RTM is 12 weeks long, you gradually add in new foods every week.
For weeks 1-3 you have 3 packs a day (£49.50 per week), then weeks 4-8 2 packs (£33 per week), 9-12 1 pack (£16.50 per week). It is up to you then whether you want to have any packs or not, you can still go along once a month to get weighed and stuff for free.

It is possible to condense it a bit if you need to, I am going away in April and my LLC said I can do that to help when I am away.
The first 4 weeks you do still lose some weight (approx 7lbs) so I will do those 4 then see.

Thanks ali, but do they give advice on what we now should eat. Do we eat a low carb diet ? I imagine that would follow the plan!

You get a whole new book which guides you through management and then you have the counselling too.
Basically at the end of the 12 weeks, it is your choice as to what way you want to go, but generally they guide you towards low to medium GI and low fat. It is really just about eating healthily and sensibly, but not cutting anything out completely unless you have a problem with it.
You do have a week where you reintroduce what they call staples, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc, then a bread week, cheese week, snacks. They call them trigger weeks, you need to see how you can handle each group.

I do have a problem with potatoes, pasta and bread. They really blow me up. I have thought that when i do start to eat again I shall go on a low carb or low GI which I think will suit. Also ali the high carb food I have found triggers my over eating. Its good that whilst on this diet you can concentrate on the way you used to eat and establish what It was that triggered the binging

I think the RTM plan is very well thought out and see how it will work.
At first I felt a bit daunted by it, but having got the book and read it through a couple of times (it is only 100 A4 pages) and started planning, I feel quite confident about it all.

On the bread front, have you ever tried oat bread? It is wheat free, but very nice indeed, you may have a very different reaction to it and oats are very good for you (one of the top 5 superfoods).

I do have a problem with potatoes, pasta and bread. They really blow me up. I have thought that when i do start to eat again I shall go on a low carb or low GI which I think will suit.

Me too. I'll be following a low-carb veggie way of eating for the rest of my life once I have started and finished RTM. I make my own low-carb bread, buy low-carb pasta and substitute potatoes for things like turnips (roasted) or cauliflower (as rice or mashed potatoes). If you do it right, you can't tell the difference!

deb can you let me have your recipe for low carb bread, cheers lola
me too, ta. Maybe you could post it in the RTM recipes thread?

Also, I had heard of ricing cauliflower, but I don't really like it that much and just wondered what you do that makes it nicer.
I tend to have mashed swede or sweet potato instead of potato, that is nice.

Back