Rubbish.

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
:(Hi guys.

I just wrote out a whole post of whineyness, but realised it can just be summed up by this:

I tend to eat my feelings; recently I have had a rubbish time. Ergo – off plan for two weeks and a whopping 4lb gain! I only gained ½ over Christmas! :cry:

I know what to do – pick myself back up and start again, right? But this is so hard. I feel like, because I have been off plan for a bit – I want stuff (eating out etc) even more. The worst of it is, I’m eating stuff I wouldn’t even usually like.

ARGGH!

The WI’s in my SW book look awful, loss, loss, gain, loss, loss, gain etc. errrrrgh! I’m just SO annoyed. Everyone on here is doing so well and you are really encouraging and inspirational. I’m going to perhaps try food diaries, and really go back to Red/Green day roots. Maybe I will also diary on here. Grr I’m just so mad at myself, I got to my lowest pre high school weight, and now I feel like I’ve had a complete step back.
I’m sorry for being so negative. I don’t know what else to say.. just thought that a thread here would help.

hey hun dont beat yourself up...What is happening to you, happens to all of us, and I certainly know how hard it is to draw the line...But forget the ups and downs and just start again. If not today, then draw the line at bedtime tonight and start afresh tomorrow.
These blips happen to all of us its part of what we are, and unfortunatly to a certain extent you will probably never change that...but what will change is that you will learn to draw the line quicker and get back on plan.
Dont think your the only one going through this right now....I am sure there are plenty of others on here just like you....but you have actually posted about it....
Take care hun...and dont worry. The wagon is stopping just to pick you back up again x

We all have our ups and downs hun. I've had a rough old ride for almost a year, losing and gaining the same couple of pounds.
It's taken a lot of strength and willpower to get back on track, but one good week is all it takes and you are there.
I refused a meal out on Valentines, a meal out tonight as we are child free and lunch out over the weekend. To make myself feel better about it I've cooked some fab new recipes out of the magazine.

Take each day as it comes, don't worry about what's gone by because you cannot change it - you can change what happens from now.

Write everything down - as you eat it, and eat everything you should. Weigh and measure and vary your foods.

Don't beat yourself up over one slip up or bad meal, get straight back on track.

You can do it!

hey hun dont beat yourself up...What is happening to you, happens to all of us, and I certainly know how hard it is to draw the line...But forget the ups and downs and just start again. If not today, then draw the line at bedtime tonight and start afresh tomorrow.
These blips happen to all of us its part of what we are, and unfortunatly to a certain extent you will probably never change that...but what will change is that you will learn to draw the line quicker and get back on plan.
Dont think your the only one going through this right now....I am sure there are plenty of others on here just like you....but you have actually posted about it....
Take care hun...and dont worry. The wagon is stopping just to pick you back up again x

Aw hun, thanks so much.
It means so much - seriously.

I feel embarassed about coming off plan, and didn't want to post because of this, but realised that not doing so was preventing me from posting in here normally (does that even make sense?).

I completly get what you're saying, and had decided last night that I was going to start again this morning.. however.. this morning came and my friend texted me asking to go to Nando's for tea and I was instantly thinking 'I'll start again tomorrow'.... and then from this I would be off plan all day - not just going out.

However, now is the time. I can't keep re-starting all the time. I want this badly enough, I just need more will power :-(

Thanks so much for your support. x

Aw hun, thanks so much.
It means so much - seriously.

I feel embarassed about coming off plan, and didn't want to post because of this, but realised that not doing so was preventing me from posting in here normally (does that even make sense?).

I completly get what you're saying, and had decided last night that I was going to start again this morning.. however.. this morning came and my friend texted me asking to go to Nando's for tea and I was instantly thinking 'I'll start again tomorrow'.... and then from this I would be off plan all day - not just going out.

However, now is the time. I can't keep re-starting all the time. I want this badly enough, I just need more will power :-(

Thanks so much for your support. x

Hun I even know what you mean about not posting on here....I was exactly the same...but I wasnt as brave as you are by posting....You will be fine I promise, its just part of your journey....Go to Nandos tonight....but maybe just try to be a little mindful of what you have then you might not find it so hard to wake up in the morning and get started again.
Do you go to class? When is your next weigh in? x

We all have our ups and downs hun. I've had a rough old ride for almost a year, losing and gaining the same couple of pounds.
It's taken a lot of strength and willpower to get back on track, but one good week is all it takes and you are there.
I refused a meal out on Valentines, a meal out tonight as we are child free and lunch out over the weekend. To make myself feel better about it I've cooked some fab new recipes out of the magazine.

Take each day as it comes, don't worry about what's gone by because you cannot change it - you can change what happens from now.

Write everything down - as you eat it, and eat everything you should. Weigh and measure and vary your foods.

Don't beat yourself up over one slip up or bad meal, get straight back on track.

You can do it!

I know what you mean about the same couple of pounds thing, I've rejoined slimming world - TWICE, and although I am almost a stone and a half down from my first joining weight) I have yet to get a stone award at a class!
I seem to have good losses and then gains! And even though I have a lot to lose, I literally feel like I just can't push myself past a stone (I have yet to get my stone award!)

Well done for refusing all those meals out! Delia Smith eat your heart out :D

'Write everything down - as you eat it, and eat everything you should. Weigh and measure and vary your foods.' is the most sense I've ever read re SW! They should print it in the book!!

I think I am going to start a diary on here or something... Thanks so much for your comments - you are so right, I need to pick myself back up and start again.

xx

Hun I even know what you mean about not posting on here....I was exactly the same...but I wasnt as brave as you are by posting....You will be fine I promise, its just part of your journey....Go to Nandos tonight....but maybe just try to be a little mindful of what you have then you might not find it so hard to wake up in the morning and get started again.
Do you go to class? When is your next weigh in? x

Ee! I was embarassed writing it down, I can tell you!
I'm not ashamed - everyone gains, life gets in the way.. I just felt really guilty.

I get weighed on Wednesdays - but went a day early last night and here lies the damage!!!

I am honestly going to start a diary!!! x

Awww hun I can completely sympathise with you, so you can have a big hug from me! I've had a bit of a 2 months SW blip...losing and regaining the same few pounds, and I'm headed for quite a big gain this week :eek: I can't seem to stop eating rubbish, and it's annoying me now as I'd done so well on slimming world up to this year. I've decided that I'm going to make a huge effort to get back on track from Friday as I'm at home for half term, and hopefully some of the weight will shift again. It doesn't help I've got the flu this week, so my body has just been craving all manner of comfort food rubbish! :( We'll get there again hun, so hold your head high :) xxx

Awww hun I can completely sympathise with you, so you can have a big hug from me! I've had a bit of a 2 months SW blip...losing and regaining the same few pounds, and I'm headed for quite a big gain this week :eek: I can't seem to stop eating rubbish, and it's annoying me now as I'd done so well on slimming world up to this year. I've decided that I'm going to make a huge effort to get back on track from Friday as I'm at home for half term, and hopefully some of the weight will shift again. It doesn't help I've got the flu this week, so my body has just been craving all manner of comfort food rubbish! :( We'll get there again hun, so hold your head high :) xxx

ah, thank you hun! I know what you mean completly - I still haven't got my stone this time! I've been 'on plan' for about eight weights and still haven't lost 14 pounds! Some people lose that in three weeks!
As I have a lot to lose, I can get really disheartened with slow loses and big gains! I just can't believe I gained more this week than I did over Christmas! Yikes!

We can do it! I'm actually thinking of posting a food diary.. I am going to write down everything I eat!
EVERYTHING!! Hah! Thanks for the kind and supportive comments :) best of luck to you too!
Oh, and if you feel like joining me in confessing those syns... FEEL FREE!!! x

Get your ass back over to '6 months to sexy' team & carry on. I know how you feel I had a couple of bad weeks but it was by sheer luck I didn't gain (lost 0.5lbs)

You can do it & you've got all our support XXXXXXXXX

If I could chart out the last 10 years for you with 10 stones going on and off in varying degree and speeds and diets I would, but it would serve no real purpose (except maybe to embarrass me and bore you to tears!!). However, we can only look forward, we can only control the here and now and plan for the future, but looking back, you'll only fall over!
You know this works, you just need to be kind to yourself xxx

I think everybody feels like you do at some time, you recognise the problems and are sorting it out so GOOD for you.

Its a longer journey for some of us but we WILL get there in the end so dont worry.Draw a line under it and move on.

Sometimes we think food will help and it doesnt just makes us depressed after for eating rubbish.

Chin up and move forward.

Best of Luck

big bear said:
Get your ass back over to '6 months to sexy' team & carry on. I know how you feel I had a couple of bad weeks but it was by sheer luck I didn't gain (lost 0.5lbs)

You can do it & you've got all our support XXXXXXXXX
Aw, thanks so much hun! It justs aol frustration when you know you're being awful and completely off track... I'm
So glad the wagon stopped to pick me up! Haha x

cherry-pie said:
If I could chart out the last 10 years for you with 10 stones going on and off in varying degree and speeds and diets I would, but it would serve no real purpose (except maybe to embarrass me and bore you to tears!!). However, we can only look forward, we can only control the here and now and plan for the future, but looking back, you'll only fall over!
You know this works, you just need to be kind to yourself xxx

How vert true! I know how to do it., being kind to' myself is all it will take x

peggypig said:
I think everybody feels like you do at some time, you recognise the problems and are sorting it out so GOOD for you.

Its a longer journey for some of us but we WILL get there in the end so dont worry.Draw a line under it and move on.

Sometimes we think food will help and it doesnt just makes us depressed after for eating rubbish.

Chin up and move forward.

Best of Luck

Thanks so much, hun. You're right - food does not help. Not at all.

I'm getting back on plan and 100% all the way forward! x

I am another one having trouble staying on track.

Yesterday was the catalyst for me after a total blow out I am now back on track.

So friend, you are in good company.

Forget the past , get on with today and enjoy our lovely SW way of eating.

hugs xxx

Hi Fillymum!

I know what you mean about a blow out - I gained more last week than I did over Christmas! But back on track today and planned my food and it feels great! A few days back on track and we'll be out of this sluggish 'oh no what did I do' feeling, and a good weigh in next week and we'll be all the more further motivated!!!! Good luck Hun xx

I wonder how many people lose every single week on their way to goal? I bet it's only a handful! Most of us have been up and down at some time, this must be the 6th time I've joined SW, BUT I'm going to get to gaol no matter how long it takes me! Draw a line, get your food diary out, and have you an item of clothing you love and used to fit? If you have keep trying it on and one day it'll fit!

Aww thanks so much Judimac... This comment Made my night :)

Hi guys. Well yet again here am to confess my syns.
I thought I was in the zone this week, but apparently not. After your I have been trying really hard this week (food diary is in my sig ) and limiting my syns, to hopefully turn this week (well the effects of the 10 days and 4lb gain and then additional 5 days of plan!) around.
However, we went to Frankie and Bennies yesterday, and while I stuck to a salad I could not resist sharing some dessert. I am SO mad at myself, not least because I felt really guilty almost immediately after.
I know it’s only a brownie and would not sabotage my whole week (if I was on a normal week) but it just highlights how much self control I lack, and I am feeling so down about the fact that I *couldn’t* help myself, rather than how many syns were in the dessert.
I’m posting it in here because I don’t want to go off on a splurge and eat my feelings and then feel too embarrassed to post again!
I don’t even know what to say – it feels like a vicious cycle. I don’t know, I expected that to go when I joined a ‘slimming club’, if that makes sense.. but in a way it is just worse.

Back