rules?

broxi

ButtErFly
Hi
  • what are the rules of this diet ?
  • and how did you find out about it?
  • is it hard to stick to a DD cos you're not in ketosis?
  • What are your losses like?
Thanks folks xxx

Hi Broxi. As Channy says, I lost 4lbs in my first week and I've done JUDDDD before. At that time I was losing a good 2-3lbs a week each week but I stopped because I was struggling with the down days.

On a down day, you eat between 20 and 35% of your normal daily calories and there's a calculator on the website Channy directed you to that shows how many calories that equates to. On an up day you don't count calories but each what you want until you are satisfied but not stuffed. I eat out on up days, have puddings if I want them etc.

Down days are not easy but I have found that if I break it down into five little meals of 100 cals each I can do it. When I want something or I feel hungry, I just say "I can have that tomorrow". Often I find I don't want it anyway by the time tomorrow comes. If I do, I have it.

Hi Broxi,

I'm still on my first week of this diet so haven't weighed in yet, but so far so good. I'm finding the dds a lot easier than I thought they would be to be honest. I thought they'd be terrible, but I've found with planning my days well and still eating my 'snacks' at the same time I usually eat it's actually been fine. On an up day today, but yesterday went really well, didn't actually feel hungry all day. I was planning at first just to do this for a couple of weeks to get my metabolism going again, then going back to my usual plan. But now as it's going so well at the moment I might keep doing it longer :)

Cheers KD! Lol more info the better being as we're all new to this, well Karen second time around :)

Thanks everyone for info and to KD who is so completely knowledgeable.

I've been doing Cambridge and am back on track just now but it is hard so this diet here is appealing but as KD mentioned on old post that she directed us to, I'm scared I would just pig-out big time on UD and not manage to do DD! I worry!
But if I fall off CD wagon again I'll absolutely definitely try this with CD on DD.

Broxi I have found the opposite on a UD. I am aware of eveything I eat and being a serial binger that is a massive step for me. Well done for getting back on track with CD

I thought I may be tempted to pig out too, but to be honest I haven't been feeling that hungry, been sticking to eating sensibly on uds nad still going for healthy options. I think because you can have it, you realise you don't really want it anyway! It's when you can't have something you want it all the more.

Back