Rumbling liver

PennyJane

Sorry if I am asking too many Qs!

I've got a strange rumbling in the area where my liver is. I had this on the Cambridge Diet... is this normal???

Feels weird!

Ooo PennyJane, i've been having wierd rumbling sensations too in my lower tummy! It feels like bloating and/or bubbles or something and then i panic reckoning i can feel it all moving about and i'll soon be running to the loo but it never ends that way! I'm still rarely going to the loo atm regardless of the fact i'm taking a sachet a day of the fibre supplement. It seems to vary my weight so much too at the moment and so i never really know how the losses are going..

I'm 'going' fine. The rumblings feel close to my liver but I've since found out that the intestine curves at that point so it may have been just wind.... paaaaarpp! Ahem, excuse me :)

Are you eating enough veggies, Claire? x

Yeah i seem to be having loads really, have salad most dinners and then meat and veg for tea most the time :) I've never been what most people would call 'regular' but with eating all the solid foods now i just feel 'heavy' in a way.. Don't like resorting to senna too much though may have some tonight as off work tmoz. Doesn't feel like the fibre sachets are doing much really

Bless you. I was like that on the Cambridge Diet... then ended up taking laxatives for the weekend lol. One weekend I think they worked too well... was not fun! - I've also been using Benefiber which works better than another I used.

I think it says i can have 1-2 sachets a day of the fibre so i may try upping it and seeing if that makes any difference.. My weight seems to vary so much on Atkins and i'm sure it's mainly attributed to the loo thing..

The doc told me I had IBS about 3 years ago. It was all very sudden during a period of stress, leaving me suffering from agony in my tummy and *ahem* the runs a lot.
Fibre sachets sorted me out and imodium when I needed it. I know stress is the main cause of it so avoid it as much as possible (easier said than done!). I haven't really been able so far to pinpoint which foods trigger it, apart from junk food like McDonalds.
Another thing I find is that if I rush my food and eat it really really fast it will give me a bad tum too, and I will be on the loo 5 minutes later.
Anything that tummy disagrees with will give me a churning, vibrating, rumbling type sensation, which I always think feels like a washing machine going through its cycle.
This week I have only had 1 bad 'episode' when I ate extremely quickly so it was my fault. It seems that atkins suits my IBS. I haven't had washing-machine stomach at all (but I have had windypops once or twice).

My tips - eat slowly and 'be prepared'!

Back