Ruth's food diary old style points

ruth43

Soon to be Slim
Hi everyone, I'm new to the Weight Watcher boards and I'm having success following the old points system but I thought to keep me motivated I would write a food diary. I enjoy reading other peoples as they give me ideas for meals and maybe you will get ideas from me too.

So far I've lost 25lbs and 6oz to be exact, mostly following WW but I did try Atkins for 2 weeks I only lost in the first two days and then kept losing and putting on the same couple of pounds so gave it up, I have recently tried HCG which is very strict, I lost 7lb in a week put on 3lb when I stopped and binged, so went back on HCG lost 7lb in a week again then stopped because it's just so strict and I just can't do it and won't ever do it again, then pigged out again for a week and put on 3lbs but now I have lost that and from tomorrow anything I lose will be a new loss. I've been back on WW since last Friday and so far so good and sticking with it. I don't go to meetings as I can't afford them anymore plus Pro Points didn't work for me.

I now weigh 11 stone 3lb, I'm 5 foot 1 inch tall and I would like to weigh 8 stone but would be so happy to get to 8.5 stone. I'm 43 years old and when I was 28 I weighed 7.5 stone, but I haven't been that low since. Today I got into my pair of size 16 cropped jeans, which I'm so happy about as I was wearing size 18/20's.

So here goes, today's menu: By the way I don't always eat conventional food for breakfast, it doesn't fill me up and as I'm up at around 6am everyday with my 3 year old daughter I need food that fills me up, so I eat other foods, like today for example.

All counted in old style points, I call them Vintage points:

Breakfast:
Steamed Cod fillet 1 point, a free salad, Hellman's lighter than light mayonaise 1/2 point.

Mid morning: Weight Watchers carrot cake, 1 point.

Lunch:
Tortilla wrap 3 points, lettuce, cucumber, red onion no points, humous 1.5 points. If you've never tried this then do, it's something I eat often and it's so nice!

WW carrot cake 1 point, WW choc dessert 1 point poured over the cake and heated up in a bowl in the microwave so scrummy, wish I could have had more though.

Packet of Marmite rice cakes, I looooovvvvveeeee these, 1.5 points.

Dinner: Homemade spaghetti carbonara, I was so looking forward to this and when I made it years ago (it's a Slimming World recipe) it was wonderful but I didn't add the bacon this time to keep the points lower and it just wasn't the same. 7 points. I wish I hadn't bothered though and just stuck with my home-made bolognese which is really really nice.

1 meringue nest 1 point, WW choc dessert heated up and poured over the meringue nest, 1 point.

I only drink water and sometimes diet fizz but I'm trying not to drink them anymore as not good for you.
Today I drunk 1 can Pepsi Max and water.

No exercise but did clean the windows so I count that as some exercise. Might go on my cross trainer for 10 minutes later.

19.5 points eaten, 21 is my allowance.

Ruth

hi welcome...vintage points is the best plan ive ever followed. good luck with your losses, id say running around after a 3yr old earns a few points for you each day :D if you are on facebook do a search for vintage pointers, its a fab group that will support you heaps. looking forward to reading your diary, cod for brekkie....now thats a new one!! lol x

Hi Dinx, thanks for the welcome. You are doing great too you've got good losses, do you go to meetings even though you are doing Vintage points or are you doing alone at home like me?

It's been a good day food wise today.

Breakfast:
tortilla wrap 3 points
5 slices wafer thin roast chicken 1/2 point, only had 3 slices and saved 2 for lunch.
home made minty yoghurt dressing 0 points cos only had a 10 mls.
lettuce and cucumber 0 points

Snack: Alpen bar 1 point
WW carrot cake 1 point

Lunch:
salad lettuce, cucumber, red onion, 0 points
home made blue cheese dressing 2 points
2 slices chicken from breakfast allowance 0 points
1/2 can tuna 1 point

Snack: Alpen bar 1 point

Dinner:
home made szechaen chicken and egg noodles 6 points

Will have later WW carrot cake 1 point
with shape delight choc dessert heated up and poured over cake for 1.5 points. 1/2 meringue 1/2 point.

Water and 1 can diet coke.

Walked to and from nursery total of 90 minutes walking.

18 points of 21 allowance

Last edited:
Im doing mine at home, I went to the meetings years ago and think I am able to do it without the meetings now. I also think the meetings are all propoints now anyway so would be a waste of money for me. My daughter inlaw is doing it with me so that helps, and the support and info from these forums helps heaps. I am happy to lose 1lb a week as Im not active so any loss is a bonus. One thing I can be proud of though is that I was measured for my wheelchair 2 1/2 years ago and I am now 4 stone lighter than I was then...I just recently decided to use ww to help me keep a track and really get to grips with the flab :)

Hi Dinx, wow you have a daughter in law, you look too young! Do you mind me asking why you use a wheelchair? Do you have to use it all the time or just for long distances?

Do you keep a diet diary on here too?

Take care, Ruth

Been good again today. I'm really happy I've lost 4.5 lbs in 5 days and I only have to lose 1.5 lb to get to 11 stone, yeah! (And it's not water weight as I was on a strict diet before this and lost the water weight already). Soon I will be into the 10 stones range, about bloody time, but I'm getting there and feel good about it:)

Breakfast:
Wrap 3 point
5 slices wafer thin roast chicken 1/2 point (saved 2 of those slices for lunch)
Sweet chilli dressing 1/2 point
Lettuce/spring onion no points

Snack: Light Alpen bar 1 point

Lunch: same as breakfast 3.5 points
a few chips from Mc.Donalds, haven't got a clue so 1 point maybe. (But was good took my own lunch whilst little one had Mc.Donalds for a treat).

Snacks: pkt chilli snack o jacks 1.5 p
WW carrot cake 1 point.
Light Alpen bar 1 point.

Dinner:
Home made spaghetti bolognese with wholewheat spagehetti 7 points.
Shape delight choc dessert and a WW carrot cake 2.5 points.

Oh dear, I had an extra shape dessert for 1.5 points, opened it for my little girl who then didn't want it, but I did, lol so I ate it. Such will power, not. OK, maybe not such a good day with food after all, but still saved lots of points from other days so don't feel too bad about it.

Water and 2 cans diet coke (bad for me but love it)
23.5 points today, allowance 21 points but saved some from other days.

Last edited:
Hi Dinx, wow you have a daughter in law, you look too young! Do you mind me asking why you use a wheelchair? Do you have to use it all the time or just for long distances?

Do you keep a diet diary on here too?

Take care, Ruth

I AM young lol...im 37, my son is 19 and he has 2 little boys! :eek:

ok you over the shock?? lol.....I love it, he is happy, his partner is happy and the boys are smashing! My son works about 30 mins from home as a chef in a top restaurant, he lives in and comes home on his days off...(this week its today and tomorrow yay!)

I live here with my DIL, she helps look after me. Ive had ME for about 4 years or so and arthritis in my hands and knees. I struggle to walk distances but have now got a mobility scooter so I dont have to rely on someone pushing me. My dil works at the bottom of our road at a nursery so the boys go there and I go and do voluntary admin a couple of hours each week. Keeps me busy on my good days :)

I do keep a diary on here... http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-food-diaries/205295-newbie-returning-ww-after-few-yrs.html not sure if that link will work tho lol

soudns like ur bang on track with your losses...keep it up :)

Hiya Dinx, I'll come and take a look at your diary later and say hi on there.

I've had a couple of bad days here, and put on 1lb, just ate too much food. Back on it today. Weigh in day today and only lost 3.5lbs it would have been at least 4.5lbs if I hadn't have had 2 bad days, oh well, better than nothing.

Really hard though as I just want to eat and eat, it's because I'm tired and cold.

Onwards to another week.
Ruth

Hi! Just thought I'd stick my noggin in, your menus are fab! Your losses are amazing! :)

I do discover and I love it! Good luck & well done!

Hiya Lozzie thank you for the welcome and nice comments, I agree, Discover is the best, thanks again, Ruth.

hey ruth, wher are you? hope ur ok...not seen you on here for a bit........

Back