S&S Flavours

Chuffy_29

Bring it on!
Hi everyone. I am starting Slim and Save on 1st January. Got some samples, caramel shake, chicken soup, choc truffa bar, spag bol and the porridge. The only one i couldn't stomach was porridge. I did Lighterlife about 20 years ago and lost 4 stone, and as i m being turned down for surgery, this looks like a good option. Anyone have any comments on any other pack flavours? Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months :)

Welcome Chuffy! I'm on a break currently for Xmas and New Year but planning on restarting on 4th Jan. Enjoying the alcohol currently ;).

My favourites are banana and strawberry shakes (mainly as I find them easier to mix up in a hand shaker than the 'new' flavours so it's easier when I'm at work). I like the spag bol too but not keen on the cottage pie as it's too bland for me, but they're adding a new chilli flavour that I have been sent a sample of but won't be trying until the new year. I don't think you can buy it on the site currently but maybe you can get it by phone? I've also been sent samples of some 'crunchy cereal' but I haven't tried those yet either.

The porridge is an acquired taste and I like it but there are many people who don't. I don't hate the soups but don't love them either but as I have 3 per day; a shake, a bar and a meal or porridge I don't have them very often. Just on the very odd occasion. I usually have the choc truffa bar or the lemon bar. The muesli is ok but the honey one tastes a bit too honeyish to me so I don't really have that. Sometimes I have a Biggest Loser or Tesco Ultra Slim bar to add some variety as I can get them in Tesco and both are meal replacement bars. Both are higher in calories but not enough to make that much of a difference.

Good luck!

Thanks BordersGirl. Was going to order a months worth but might just do a week in case i don't like any packs! I might have an Atkins bar if i get in to trouble but we'll see! The flavour of the porridge was fine but the texture made me gag!?!

A week's worth might be good to determine the flavours you like from the ones that you don't. I generally have the banana and strawberry shakes for breakfast with a few vanilla mixed in on occasion, the choc truffa and lemon bars with a few Biggest Loser and Tesco Ultra Slim mixed in for lunch, and I alternate between spag bol and porridge in the evening. I can see chilli featuring in the New Year too though because although I haven't yet tried it, it sounds good :). I would lay off the allowed vegetables for at least first week as that will probably help you get into ketosis when everything becomes much easier.

Why not get a variety pack of the shakes and bars so you can try them out?

I haven't tried many flavours but I've found I can't stand the vanilla. Gagged my way through half of it then gave up.

Good luck. I'm starting tomorrow.

Back