sad update on my nana

silhouettes

Silver Member
i just got a phone call to say my nana has emphasema (sp?) on the lungs and is going to get worse until she is on oxygen :(

i feel so sad:cry:
thanks for all your thoughts over the last week

sil x

My Mummy was diagnosed aged 57 she is now 72, she does not need the oxygen yet but has a nebulizer a few times a day, she has good and bad days but she is still going strong and dare I say still has the blooming ciggies!! they can do a lot re breathing exercises and various help around the home, it may sound bad but dont automatically think the worse. Grandad was diagnosed aged 60 jacked the fags straight away and survived until 82. Hugs xxx

Sils, very sorry to hear that. Of course i do not know how bad her case is, but like Amethyst, my father-in-law lives with Emphazema, and he has had it for at least 10 years, and is not on oxygen yet. He has good days and bad days, but mostly good, and they have him on meds and inhalers that keep in in control.

Try not to worry too much, thought i KNOW that is so much easier for me to say then for you to do - but wait and see what they say and suggest in means of treatment and see how she gets on, and hopefully there will be some relief.

One thing I can say is just be very careful about her catching colds that can turn more easily into chest infections. Those are the time my FIL is at his worst. So keep people wiht colds away!

I know how scary it is. But hopefully, she has many years still that will be quite comfortable and happy.

Hang in there hon.....<<hugs>>

thanks guys,
its really reasuring to know that other people are doing 'well' for want of anther word with it. it means a lot to me that you shared that info with me

so so sorry to hear your sad news....:(

hopefully they will be able to make her feel comfortable...with xtra oxygen and other meds....:)

hugs to you.....

Debz xx

My thoughts and good wishes go out to you and your nanna, hang in there and give her alot of love and support. Hope she gets well soon ((hugs)) x

Oh Sil I'm so sorry to hear that, I really do hope that she is soon feeling better xx

Back