Saff's Thinspiration Diary

Hi Everyone

Have decided to start a diary for inspiration to finish my weight loss journey once and for all. Starting today on Exante, have got an assortment of packs to try out this week. *Have been on Cambridge before, once over 25 years ago and weight just fell off and a few years ago did Lighter Life again losing quite a bit. Earlier this year in April went back on Cambridge for approx 4 weeks and got down to 10.9, but since have put on over half a stone. As you can see I am a dreadful yoyo dieter!*

Now I have finally decided enough is enough and I need/wish to get into a healthy BMI of 24 and stay there! I have struggled with my weight all my life, was chubby from about age 6, even though my 4 siblings were all skinny, why me? Well the reason is I love food, and eat the wrong things, plain and simple. I am also quite short which does not help.

Reasons I want to be thinner:

I adore clothes and have a bad clothes shopping habit! *I don't need new clothes just a new body to put into them........

Comfortably able to cross my legs

No bulging tum over waistband when I sit down

More energy to exercise, walk dog etc. Up to last December I used to spin and do different classes at the gym 3/4 times a week. Then I slipped a disc in my back and havnt done anything since. *I start back at the gym 1st October when my membership starts up again. I have a damaged nerve in my leg do to my back so not sure how I will get on. *I personally don't find that I lose weight when I exercise, more a case of looking more toned and also feel mentally and physically much better.*

So here I go again! *This time I am determined to get down to weight I used to be before children. I have two lovely boys 14 and 11 and the lowest I have been since having them was 10 stone after Cambridge diet. In my twenties I was 9 to 9.7, but missed meals etc to keep to that weight. Hopefully I can achieve my goal in the next 10 weeks, but even if it takes me till Christmas it doesn't matter as long as I get there.

I think I have now rambled on enough now so will go and make up my first shake!

Saff *xxx

PS. Any encouragement will be gratefully received! Have never posted on any blog before!

OK got through first day, wasn't too bad, just feel a bit odd. Going to bed extra early tonight. Why do I start on a bank holiday weekend???? Thinking it might have been better to start when my kids are back at school. LOL.

Well done for getting through your first day and good luck

Woke this morning feeling good. I drank 3 litres of water and had a few coffee yesterday, the water is a bit of a chore but helped get me through the day. Love the blackcurrant water flavouring, had a glass last night, will use it as a treat in the evenings.

Just had the apple porridge, edible but runny, will use less water next time. It is definitely weirdly salty. I know my taste buds will change of the next few weeks, so might be better next time. Love the orange bar, could happily have two a day, but will restrict myself to one for the time being.

Will probably do the working solutions ie have a high protien meal each day for a while. Gives me more flexibility while the boys are still on Holiday. Then from September do 4 days TS and weekend WS. Just an idea, I will see how it goes. once I am in Ketosis I may feel different.

The problem with VLCD to me is the restriction on going out and drinking water, prefer not to have any attention paid to me, hate all the questions etc, everybody has an opinion and I really can't be bothered to justify myself. I know these diets work for me and it's my business what I put in my mouth. I am only rambling on about this cos going for a dog walk followed by pub lunch with friends today. Will just have a chicken salad or something very low carb and small and black coffee.

Not brilliant today, ok, not 100%, did a long dog walk followed by lunch at pub, had French onion soup, no bread. Happy with that. This evening not so good! Hubby wanted to go out for supper as holiday weekend, had smoked chicken salad, good, but also a little wine. Think I will forget about today! This weekend was not a good time to start, have a Thai meal tomorrow night and day out with kids on Monday.......

But eating a lot less that normal, so maybe will still lose a few pounds over this weekend if I can.

Back