Salad dressing ideas?

Smiley Bon

Silver Member
Hi, well I have been eating a lot of salads lately, and I always use that Hellman's Extra Lite Mayo as a dressing to give it a bit of moisture... but I am getting tired of it now.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any salad dressing either shop bought or home made???

Any ideas would be appriciated! Thanks :D

I just like to put lemon on my salad, it's really refresing and so healthy. You could also add some wholegrain mustard to the lemon, or use white wine vinegar and wholegrain mustard and give it a little mix. If you fancy something creamier, a little bit of low fat greek yogurt on the side to dip is a good idea. It is really thick, creamy and slightly cheese-like. A little goes a long way in terms of flavour, so you'll use less!

Still, lemon is best!

I also love lemon with a light sprinkle of salt
A squeeze of a fresh orange and lemon on salad is also very nice!

greek yog with sweet chilli sauce mixed together

Just balsamic vinegar tastes good : )

The English Provender Co. do little cartons of 6 sachets of French, honey & mustard or lime & coriander. They are low fat (between 1-3%) and between 21-44 calories depending on flavour. (You can get bottles too but portion control is easier with sachet).

I think they are in Tesco's, Asda and Sainsbury's or online at www.englishprovender.com.

HTH

I like a spoonful of 3%fat fromage frais with salt, pepper and lots of chopped chives. tasty on crudités and also on potatoes.

Does anyone use Kraft Salad Dressings? We have over 50 different kinds to experiment with and they’re great for more than just making salads. Anyone use them as a marinade or dip?

Tesco do some quite acceptable fat-free, low-calorie salad dressings. Their Caesar one is a bit... questionable (and nigh-impossible to get out of the bottle), but their French Dressing and Vinagrette are fantastic.

Sometimes I also just like a sprinkling of salt and some freshly ground black pepper on my salad.

Lol well I actually quite like a little squirt of ketchup to take the dryness away, but i think thats more of an aquired taste lol.

I do olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic-beautiful!

Back