Salads

BikerAngel

Silver Member
need some inspiration as I never feel much like eating hot foods in hot weather so what do you put in your salad?

Or even what cold dishes do you like to make when it is hot.

Must admit I'm boring!

lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, red onion, red pepper, grated carrot, boiled egg, sardine/tuna (whichever I have in cupboard) or cold pasta

Sorry not much inspiration there!

My salads usually consist of:
lettuce, cucumber, baby plum tomatoes, peppers, celery, red onion, sweetcorn, jalapenos
Topped with some fat free fromage frais :)

To make it more interesting I normally have boiled eggs, ham, babybel cheese, chicken (sometimes marinated, sometimes plain)

Have you tried the rosti quiche that is on here? Thats delicious and completely free on EE. You can have warm or cold :D

no in fact you are as I would not thought of sardines so thanks for that one :)

off to search for the quiche now as not heard of it thanks

cold pasta salad, ie extra light mayo, cooked pasta, spring onions, cucumber, peppers mixed in, the have it with cold sliced meats? cottage cheese? I love pastrami at the moment.

In fact I got so sick of salad I had pastrami, seafood sticks, boiled egg, cottage cheese, fresh beetroot and grapes today, it was actually really filling and tasty

cold potato salad?

I'm On A Red Day

I'm having salad tonight, it will have the following...

Lettuce, scallions, beetroot, red & yellow peppers, boiled egg & turkey breast steaks coated in schwartz bbq seasoning, will be having salad cream light....2 tbsp (3 syns)

I put fruit in them, usually stuff like apple or pomegranate seeds but orange and other citrus fruits work too. Cucumber, Lettuce, White Cabbage, Carrots, Beansprouts, Red or Yellow Pappers, Mangetout, Peas, Sweetcorn and maybe ham, boiled eggs or new potatoes, I don't add any dressings or fish to salads don't like them so have no clue about that. Hugs Crystal xx

wow thanks everyone all sounds good so will put some fruit in mine tomorrow and some rice and pasta salad and season steak and cut it into strips and put on top yum yum.

Back