Sally Hansen Nail Protex - WTF?!!

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Hiya

I took off my acrylic nails and decided I wanted to try to grow my own unaided. They are very weak, brittle and splitting after so much time so I bought some Sally Hansen Nail Protex, which says it will help your nails get stronger again after acrylics. I followed the instructions and put on two coats. But they have literally peeled off!! It's a pale see-through blue colour, and looks a bit murky on my nails but it just comes off - worse than any nail varnish I have ever used in the past!!

Am I doing something wrong, or has anyone else experienced this?

Did you wipe your nails with acetone before applying the varnish?

No. I scrubbed them with soap and a nail brush to make sure they were as bare as I could get them, but not worn varnish for a while. Do you think it might have been the soap??

That'd be my guess! I'd try again, but give them a quick swipe with acetone after scrubbing, to remove any remaining soap.

I had the same thing happen once which is how I know :)

I have the same thing with sally hansen products, most products in fact, lol

The best thing I've used is something called Nail Magic, I think it's available online now but the only shop I've ever found it in is John Lewis, it's about 8.99 or 9.99 :)

Hope that helps a bit.

I find Sally's products peel off my nails too! Was told that my nails were too oily forthe product

currently have my acrylics on!

Back