Sally Hansen Nail Protex - WTF?!!

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by DQ, 17 April 2007 Social URL.

1. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hiya

I took off my acrylic nails and decided I wanted to try to grow my own unaided. They are very weak, brittle and splitting after so much time so I bought some Sally Hansen Nail Protex, which says it will help your nails get stronger again after acrylics. I followed the instructions and put on two coats. But they have literally peeled off!! It's a pale see-through blue colour, and looks a bit murky on my nails but it just comes off - worse than any nail varnish I have ever used in the past!!

Am I doing something wrong, or has anyone else experienced this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Did you wipe your nails with acetone before applying the varnish?

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

No. I scrubbed them with soap and a nail brush to make sure they were as bare as I could get them, but not worn varnish for a while. Do you think it might have been the soap??

5. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

That'd be my guess! I'd try again, but give them a quick swipe with acetone after scrubbing, to remove any remaining soap.

I had the same thing happen once which is how I know :)

6. LiL_PSyChO

LiL_PSyChO New Member

Start Weight:
    25st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    11st5lb(44.92%)
    Diet:
    Duodenal Switch with Biliopancreatic Diversion
    I have the same thing with sally hansen products, most products in fact, lol

The best thing I've used is something called Nail Magic, I think it's available online now but the only shop I've ever found it in is John Lewis, it's about 8.99 or 9.99 :)

Hope that helps a bit.

7. raudi

raudi One Last Time.......

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find Sally's products peel off my nails too! Was told that my nails were too oily forthe product

currently have my acrylics on!

8. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Will have a look for that nail magic - thanks ladies :)

9. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.