Salt intake?

fattothin

Gold Member
Just thinking out loud, am I correct in thinking that when you do not have the relevent salt levels you will suffer from severe muscle cramps. This seems to be the case when you indulge in excercise and heavily sweat e.g. runners. Or does the LT diet include or use an alternative to salt?
If cramps were to occur whats the best cure? Other than stretching the affected muscleor taking a salt shot what should you do as they state 'try not flavour with salt'!
Any thoughts on this subject. By the way I have not suffered from any cramp, it was just a thought.

I have been noticing that i seem to be getting pins and needles a lot. Havent heard anyone else mention this though

Yes I've been getting pins and needles all day!!! I never normally do!
What could it be?

how strange! today i got really bad cramp all down my right leg and then later more painful cramp in my right arm... I thought it must have something to do with LT, worried me a little I have to say...

waiting to see what the experts to say to put my mind atrest...

I just googled "lipotrim pins and needles" and it seems pretty common? Haven't read enough to see what causes it, weird!!
It's been really noticable too! Evevytime i get up to go to the loo(which is ALL the time) i have them!!

I thought pins and needles was circulation? Not had it myself, unless I lay on my arm until it goes numb then go to bed................anyway!

So glad you guys are getting pins and needles too - mine have been really bad today and got them a bit yesterday.

I'd love to know what exactly it is that's causing them?!?!
I don't normally get them and I'm geting them really bad. Google tells me it's common on LT, but why?!?!

Glad i'm not alone in that!

x

It might have something to do with ketosis making you feel cold. I think when your in ketosis, your blood thins and goes to your vital organs, hense why we get cold hands and feet. So if pins and needles are caused by blood circulations, maybe its cos there isnt as much blood in our arms and legs. This is just a guess by the way :)

I've never had pins and needles or cramp whilst on LT. I am VERY cold though!

Yes i was worried bout those pins n needles too!I feel better now. :)

Woo hoo! So glad it's not a big problem! May I add, I was REALLY worried about today(day3) and work but I've had to give presentations to the whole company and still feel great woo!!!

xx

Aw thank you, at one stage though I was walking through town to my bustop and I swear I could smell everything!!! All sorts of food! i was really hoping I wouldn't run in somewhere and buy everything!
Phew!!
Only thing is I don't get much access to this site while in work:( and this is my lifeline!!

I was sat in the pub yesterday at lunch time with the girls from work and everyone's food smelt so nice!! It took a lot of control not to push them all out of the way and gobble the lot!!!

Well done to both you and me and everyone else for consciously deciding not to though! It was tough and we may have thought twice (!) but we chose not to! :D

I don't have access to personal internet sites at work either - it's a bummer but I seem to be able to control my work situation better than my evening weekend (when all I want to do is hide in a dark room with my water bottle!!!) :eek:

Thanks for the info on pins and needles, I had noticed that have got them a few times in the last few days. U guys have intrigued me now... I'm going to have to surf abit and find out WHY?

Back