Salt

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by spottydoris, 23 September 2011 Social URL.

1. spottydoris

spottydoris Determined to succeed!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure if there is much truth in this, but I found a post over on another Atkins forum that talked about salt as a big no no for stalling weight loss etc.

Salt is a major factor on why people don't lose weight. I can eat 0 carb but tons of salt and will gain weight. Salt holds onto water for dear life.

Major problems could be eating sausage (too much salt) or any processed foods like bacon, ham, sausage, salami, bologna, etc, is heavily loaded with salt. Any refrigerated food that has a long shelf life at the market is loaded with salt (possibly dextrose/sugar too) to let it stay fresh on the shelf a long time. Even though sausage may be low carb, or if you find a 0 carb version, sausage is loaded with salt. I also see you added salt when cooking and this is going to completely stall your weight loss. If you do have sausages for breakfast, don't add any salt and don't have any more of these processed foods during the day.

What do you think? I'm eating bacon, smoked salmon, salami, pepperami etc until the cows come home... plus I'm adding salt to everything I cook (veggies, meat etc)... going to cut it out and see what happens.

Fingers crossed!

SD xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xxxjessiexxx

xxxjessiexxx Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    starting low carb
    omg and i add salt this could b y im not loosing OH GOD

4. spottydoris

spottydoris Determined to succeed!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a bit of a 'eureka!' moment too - but time will tell if it makes a difference. I just feel so bloated today - clothes feel tight etc - so hoping it's excess water due to the salt... rather than just fat fatty fat fat! Haha.

xx

5. xxxjessiexxx

xxxjessiexxx Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    starting low carb
    im going salt free now omg i cant belive i have addes salt to everything i mean everything

i cant breathe my clothes r tight this could b it

thanks soooooooo much for digging that out

x

6. Everhopeful

Everhopeful " If at First".....

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.21%)
    Diet:
    No Sugar.
    I never add salt to anything, haven't for a long time but I do eat bacon etc. I have looked on other low carb sites & they seem to be OK with eating bacon. Cheese often contains a lot of salt but Dr Atkins was OK with that.

7. dizzydelly

dizzydelly likes vw's!

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    It makes you think about the stuff your eating. I eat loads of salami so im going to try and limit it.
    Thanks for that info x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.