Same 6st to lose....sigh!

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
:wave_cry: Hi all - just wanted to introduce myself!

So, I did LL in 2008/2009 and lost 6 stone in 20 weeks. I kept it off more or less for a lot longer than I have on any other diet, but now, a few years later, I have just had my fifth baby and she's gorgeous, but I'm now back to my original start weight (+ a few lbs)!!

I started CWP on Monday this week and get weighed in tomorrow, so we'll see what happens, but my clothes feel a bit smaller already, so I'm hoping for a decent loss!

Will update my ticker tomorrow - oh, apart from my present day photo, as I'm not brave enough - the siggie pic and avatar are my 'after' from LL, which I am using to keep me motivated right now!! More photos in my profile if you want an idea of what I look like 6 stone heavier!! :eek:

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

:welcome2: Poppy!

It isn't the same 6 stones - don't look at it that way. :) Just think, you might've been 12 stones up if you hadn't lost the weight last time. So this is a brand new 6 stones that hasn't necessarily stuck to you in the same way as the last lot! And you know how quickly that can come off if you put your mind to it - which it sounds like you are doing! :happy096:

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. :cross:

good luck hun , lm back too, and have lost over 2st in 7 weeks, wont be long before the lbs are dropping off

Hi girls!! Lovely to 'meet' you! The thing that really helped me last time was coming on the forum every day, so I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time here.

Lily, I love your point that it's not the same 6st! Of course it's not, but I can say that I'm fed up of taking up to much room in the world, it's time to sort it out. I'm very all or nothing and did it without eating or drinking anything that wasn't on plan last time, so I will again, and know that it will fall off, just seems a long way off!

Sasha, what diet did you do last time?

Meeeee toooooo. I lost 6 stone and have put 4 and a half back on. It has been soo much harder getting back on track, so starting AGAIN tomorrow and this time think I am in the right frame of mind.

Good luck with everything. Just think about how great you look in that photo.... I have a pair of my size 12 skinny jeans hanging over my wardrobe where I can see them everyday in hopes that one day I will get back in them. I am seriously tempted to put them over the fridge.

LOL Chlo!! I bought a pair of size 8 skinny jeans, and left them hanging on my wardrobe door for weeks before I would wear them, just so I could look at the label!!! :)

Good luck with starting again. You can do it!!

Hi,

I too did LL in 2009 and was doing well until i fell poorly on it....turned out i was expecting a miracle baby :) My baby is now 22 mths and i still have 6st to lose :-( I have tried CWP/CD a few times over recent months but have not stuck with it for one reason or another, usually cos i think there must be a different way......but there isnt :-( I do find CD hard not having a weekly meeting with LL as i did heavily rely on that meeting to get me week to week but i guess i need to find a new way....im thinking minimins :)

I see we have simular stats, start weights and goal so maybe we can motivate each other along the way? Your pics are fab, a great incentive for you and a real inspiration for me, and other minimins im sure!

How has your 1st week been? I do love that CD has more choice :)

Lovely to 'meet' you xx

Hi Sarah-Louise!! Nice to 'meet' you too!! How long did you do LL for before you found out you were pregnant???!! Wow, that must have been tough on a VLCD until you realised that you were expecting!! It's tough enough with the tiredness that hits you like a brick in early pregnancy.

I have put my 'after' on my mobile so that I can look at it whenever I need to. I loved being so small. I hate feeling like I take up to much space in the world. It was also so much easier to get up and down to the baby when I'd lost weight. My fifth and final baby is now just over 3 months old and I managed to put on loads of weight after I had her, again, as I did after my 2.5 year old was born. I said I wouldn't do it this time, but I did!!

My first week is up and I feel fine. My brain is a bit fuddled and not really working properly, and I swear I can't believe I haven't crashed my car!! I have made the most stupid mistakes whilst driving the past week - I am just glad I am on mat leave and don't need to use my brain in work at the moment!! It's baby brain x 100!

I am determined to be 100% on CWP, just like I was on LL - I think it's so much easier now I have my bars - I had the choc mint one and it was lovely! Something to chew and look forward to really helps. I loved the LL vanilla hot and more or less lived on that and the cranberry bar, but I don't like any of the CWP shakes! I've bought the tetras for breakfast and then will have a bar for lunch and I like most of the soups, so will have one of them a day. Last time my tastes changed so much throughout the 20 weeks, that it's always worth trying things you don't like again.

I didn't really get a lot out of the LL weekly meetings, apart from someone seeing what I weigh each week, that is what keeps me on track. I tried Exante, but I kept caving in after a few days as I had no one to answer to.

It so much in the head isn't it? I remember last time thinking that I should just come off LL and eat sensibly and exercise more, or do SW or WW, but I've done them all and this is the only way that I can lose weight quickly enough to not get sidetracked or demoralised by the 1lb a week losses!

Good luck to you! You can do it - it is so worth it when you get to the end - I'll have to try and remember all the best bits of being slim and write them out again to remind me and hopefully encourage you to get there!

I think i did LL for about 11 wks 100% and then had 2 weeks on/off and lost about 3 stone in total. i think the on off period was due to being pregnant and not knowing as i was 9 wks when i found out. we only did the test to rule it out as after IVF ect over previous yrs, as my GP said, there was no way i could be pregnant lol...oops! lol best oops ever after the inicial shock lol. i was on the pill for hormones too so how it happened il never know lol.

i remember having that clumsyness on LL too, i even ended up turning into a one way road that i know very well....id never have done that any other time!!! its amazing the effect it can have!

i was unsure of the CD shake at first but now i do like most of them....in fact the ones i dont like are all the soups, which was same with LL and the cranberry bar, peanut bar and vanilla shake which i lived on with LL so iv prob had them to the death lol...i love the choc mint shake!! and the bars are a godsend for the evenings!!

iv got a photo diary from LL which keeps me motivated, i love seeing the changes each week, i actually looked quite slim :) but was still 2 stone off my goal. i know il reach goal this time :) def no baby surprises!! lol

yeah its good to keep a note of things cos its surprising how much the little things can make such a difference, and i think 2nd time around...or even 3rd, 4th 5th....is so much harder than the first time but i know we can do it, we have that real hard determination thing going on lol we have a taste for it now lol

thank u so much for your lovely reply :) x

Hi Poppysparke & Sarah-Louise,

Just wanted to say a big Hi and hopefully chat with ye a lot over the coming months - all 3 of us seem to have very similar stats and want it all gone. Well have done CD before but when get into the 12 stone mark the compliments start coming and they somehow turn your willpower into you look fine treat yourself, which of course was food and back to square 1 again. This time I really want to go the whole way go goal as my weight seriously affects my confidence and I have stopped living life and wont go out socially. I have a few weeks supply of CD so kick starting with that myself and then back to my CD.

I tend to let the scales upset me if it is'nt moving especially around week 3 and always end up having an evening binge but somehow manage to get on - the thing with me is I generally have a wend in the distant future lurking and go on CD manage to get to this wend and forget to restart. Though I have my nephews christening in few weeks and cousins 21st etc and the usual summer festivities - Im going to stay on this cos aiming for August as the first goal post - to start living and dating etc...

Poppysparkles OMG that photo of you is amazing - that is great to have to look at to know what you will look like...

Anyways it would be great for us to keep each other strong and chat (cos this forum seems to be a lot quieter than I once remember it)

Hi there! I lost 8 stone and then put on 5, lost 3 and then put on 4 lost 2, put on - get the picture - anyway - starting again as well - 6 weeks tomorrow and 2 stone gone. You're in good company! I'd link to my photos but they have a habit of being used to advertise Romanian slimming pills and Turkish something or others so I prefer to leave them lurking in the nether regions of the internet!

Back