Sarah's Diary - 47lb gone - 53lb to go.........

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
Hi,

Some of you may remember me from other diet plans with other diaries, however this is the last one i will start!! I am still on my same journey, its just taking time but i dont mind that as it took me many years to gain the weight so it will take a while to lose it. I am making good progress though and im nearly at my half way point :)

Over the years i have tried so many different diets, some iv had great success, some iv not but its taken all this time to realise that losing the weight is the easy part, keeping it off is the hard part!!! I feel that by joining Weightwatchers i will be making good heathy life style changes which will give me the best start when i reach maintenance. From the many diets iv done over the years i have learnt a lot about diet and exercise, the science behind ect so i know what to do, i have no excuses!

I have been on Weightwatchers propoints for two weeks, however i feel this is not working for me so i have changed to the simply filling plan and im really looking forward to my next weigh in on saturday :)

I am lucky enough to have a home gym as well as a gym membership which i do use, however a knee injury has put me back by almost 3 months but i am having physio on this now and making good progress :) I have also dusted off my pedometer and wii fit, just to make myself more active during the day in general as every little helps im sure.

So in a nut shell........

My name is Sarah, im 33 years old, I am currently 14st 8.5lb with a goal in mind of 10st 7lb having started at 17st 9lb, well it was in fact 18st 3lb at my heaviest. Im following the weightwatchers simply filling plan, doing lots of walking and exercise and looking forward to seeing the pounds drop off :)

Wish me luck!!!

Sarah x

Last edited:
Hey,

Well im day 4 into this week ans so far its a great week :) My only concern is my steps, im not reaching anywhere near what i should be but im working on it. I think a reliable pedometer would be helpful too as im sure this one is not so accurate!

Food wise, im finding it much better on the simply filling plan as i find im no longer feeling hungry or constantly thinking about food as i was on the points plan. So im hopefull of a good loss this week :) x

Total steps yesterday - 6300 - still not where i want them but im making progress :)

menu today......

B - oats with skimmed milk and a small banana

L - 2 slices nimble wholemeal, 2 tsp low fat spread with 1/2 tin baked beans

D - jacket potato with low fat coleslaw with a salad

Snacks - apple, banana, few stwarberries, raspberries, grapes and a ww yogurt and a highlights hot chocolate before bed :) total weeklies used 4 :)

Im planning on a nice walk this evening but not sure how far as i have physio later on a knee injury so it depends if its sore after or not :( hopefully it wont be and i can beat my total steps from yesterday as my plan is 'do more today than yesterday' approach until im up to a good number then il maintain them and keep them up :) x

Does anyone know if i can move my diary to the simply filling section as thats where everyone elses seems to be who are following the SF plan???? thank you in advance x

Quick update.....

Friday - had a really good day. I went to a local country park with my friend and we had a lovely walk, 2 and half hours which clocked up 9250 steps and 3.5 miles :) Then we had a nice healthy lunch of jacket potato with chilli con carne and a side salad.

Saturday - Really pleased to of lost 1lb at weigh in today. I was hoping for more but its still a loss so i am happy :) I have a friend round for dinner tonight so im planning on cooking chicken fahitas with a vegetable wholewheat rice and salad. I am having chocolate ice cream sundae for a treat as desert but only a small one :)

Sunday - Not feeling great today as have a head ache :( probabley that chocolate ice cream last night!!! I missed breakfast as had to drop my friend home but i messed up with lunch :( i had some tortilla crisps and checked the points after i ate them, 14!!!! :( lesson learnt on that, first and last time i eat something with out checking the points first!!!!

Exercise wise, its been a lazy few days, just not done much at all as busy running errunds ect but no walks since friday so if my head is ok later il go for a nice walk as its such a beautiful day out!!! :) shame to not enjoy it :) x

managed to do 60 min interval training on my treadmill this evening.......3miles = 6950 steps :) i was very pleased and really enjoyed it :) x

morning :) well steps for yesterday was only 5189 = 2 miles :( i had a very busy day waiting in for mechanic and preparing for my sons 16th birthday for today but obviously not alot of walking lol. Im hoping for a better number today :) x

Hey,

Iv had a very busy last few days!!! Im looking forward to getting back to normality now :) My son had an amazing 16th birthday!!! We went to toby carvery on his birthday so food wise that was good then yesterday we went bowling so that was a little bit of extra activity so that was good :) The down side is his huge birthday cake!!!!! I v given lots and lots of it away and when iv had any i only had a small piece and cut all the butter icing off then used my activity points or remaining weeklies.

I also bought a new bike this week :) Iv not been out on it yet as its got to be adjusted and set up properly but im hoping to get out on it this weekend, get out in that autumn air :) x

just had weigh in........2.5lb off so very pleased :) Thats 201lb so im hoping to be under that 200lb mark next week. My first silver 7 and 5% dont seem so far away now :)

Im not sure what my total steps were for last week, maybe about 35,000 but im hoping to reach a weekly total of 70,000 this week! x

Last edited:
saturday steps - only 5234 :( 2.2 miles and that was only because i did 30 min interval training.........but iv a feeling the pedometer wasnt working as im sure it should of been more than that!!!

Just thought i'd post and say hi!

Sounds like you're doing really well, getting that activity in is important and can really help your weight losses.

Keep going!

Just thought i'd post and say hi!

Sounds like you're doing really well, getting that activity in is important and can really help your weight losses.

Keep going!

Hi,

Thank you! I really appreciate you stopping by and offering me your kind words of support!!! It looks like you too are off to a great start too!!! I look forward to seeing your progress :)

Sarah x

sunday steps - 3546 steps - 1.2 miles......im sure it should be more than this!!!!
monday steps - only registered as 1500 steps!!! :confused:

today - 9500 steps - 4 miles .........So today i went for a nice long walk in a country park with my friend but sadly the pedometer failed to work during the whole walk!!! :( It was much like my walk last week so i shall go with those figures, it certainly wasnt any less!!! It said 2500 before the walk for the morning. The walk itself was up and down hills, on rough terrain but such a beautiful day!!! And i met some lovely people along the way :) We took a picnic which i put together which was very nice and we had it before the walk so we was full of energy for it :)

I made a beef stew in the slow cooker before i left and it was ready shortly after i got home, it was delicious!!! The first stew iv made, the first time iv used a slow cooker (iv owned it 9 years!!!) and the only time iv eaten beef in this way!!! I wasnt too keen on the beef bit though so i may leave that out next time.

I am definately going to buy a new pedometer tmrw!!!! :)

I have lots of pics i took along the way, but im not sure how to add them here as thumb nails???? So if anyone can offer some help on this id be greatly appreciative :)

x

Last edited:
tuesday steps - 3300 - 1.4 miles - my poorly knee is rather swollen and sore lately, prob the cold getting to it but i wont give up!!!! :) x

Wednesday steps - 2500 steps - 1 mile :( very sore knee!! so had to rest it for physio session.

Thursdays steps - 7150 - 3 miles - really pleased with todays steps as i had physio on my knee and i had my first ever accupuncture session!!! Had pins in my knee to help with the swelling and drainage and had some in my head to help with tension headaches and migraines which i suffer with in its most extreme case :( My knee is rather sore today but i still managed to walk my little boy to nursery rather than take the car so that was a mile before 8am and iv got a morning of running about the shops to prepare for my nieces wedding reception tmrw so that to should clock up a few steps :)

weigh day tmrw :/ x

Last edited:
Friday steps - 4650 - 1.5 miles :( My knee was rather sore so i didnt want to over do things as i had my nieces wedding reception on the saturday......

Saturday steps - 2640 - 1.1 miles :( Again my knee was sore and stiff so had to be careful with it! but its much better than the last two days. I had my nieces wedding reception. She looked so beautiful in her dress and so so happy, was a really lovely evening. Everyone commented how slim and lovely i looked so that was really nice and i took the compliments gracefully :) I drove so i didnt drink but for one glass of white wine spritzer and i ate before we left so i didnt even go to the buffet, although my young niece did force feed me a spoon of chocolate fudge cake!!! I must admit it was gorgeous!!! but i did stop at just one spoon :) Today was my weigh day but i didnt make it to meeting so i wont know my progress until next week but im hopeful as i know iv been very good :)

TOTAL FOR THE WEEK - 33286 STEPS / 13.2 MILES

NEW WEEK ......
Sunday steps - 8555 - 3.4 miles :) This is my highest steps for a day lately so pleased with this. I had a family dinner at a restaurant which was a carvery so we walked there and back and enjoyed the meal thoroughly! Has been a fab wknd catching up with my family :) x

Monday 2550 - 1 miles - spent most of the day at home making lots of calls to a car dealer, trading standards, mechanics, warranty company - that actually dont exist!! i bought a car 8 weeks ago and its broken :( so i didnt go out at all due to trying to sort my car!!

today is a new day :) x

Last edited:
Tuesday steps 4755 - 1.9 miles - not as great as i hoped but any steps at all with this knee is a bonus :)

Wednesday - 2456 steps - 1 mile - my knee was in a spasm, i couldnt bend it, i couldnt straighten it and has been really painful! just had to rest it and relax it to ease the tension :(

Thursday - 2478 steps - 1 mile - much the same as wedneday :(

Friday - today - is so far going ok. I had physio and acupuncture this morning, the needles really stung today but it has loosened my knee up so i went to the RSPB trail for a walk which was the first time id been there and it was really nice. A bit rainy and windy but still a nice walk :) and its good to get out! I put a stew in the slow cooker before i went out this morning, have to say its smelling yummy!! :) I am also going on a ghost walk tonight so that should be interesting!! :s x

Friday steps - 8995 steps - 3.9 miles

Saturday - 3428 steps - 1.5 miles

sunday - 3446 steps - 1.5 miles

monday 3498 steps 1.5 miles

my steps are low just lately due to my poor knee :( today it has been much better but iv not been out walking as need to make sure its healing ok from its latest episode of spasm. Although the steps today wasnt great, i have been really busy all day doing my house work, an autumn clean :) cleaned all my windows too :)

Food wise im doing good. Im still on the simply filling plan which i find so easy to fit into my life but my knee ment my weigh in this week i stayed the same so was a little disappointed not to of lost but it was time of month and i had migraine again saturday ans sunday :( so im looking for a good lose on next weigh in on saturday :) x

Hi,

well not been on here for a few days. Today was weigh in and iv lost another 1lb so thats another step closer to goal. Iv not been out walking this week at all really but i will make the effort this week to see if i can get to my first silver 7 with WW :) I would like to get a proper exercise plan in place now my knee seems to be getting better and stronger as it will all help! My little boy is staying at his daddies today until tmrw evening, the first time he has slept away from home so im rather anxious!! He on the other hand is excited so i guess its harder on me than him lol But whilst he is away i will spend an hour or so doing the excercise planner!!! and will go out for a nice walk too :) il pop back to update x

Back