Strawberries, sweetener & total 0%

Lunch:
??

Dinner:
Lamb chops, sag aloo (spinach and potato) with broccoli

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 1 - HEXA
Mugshot

It wasn't meant to be a pasta bake, just turned out that way...

Basically I 'fried' bacon, garlic, mushrooms. Added passata with a touch of sweetener and balsamic. Added seasoning and herbs, let it simmer for about 10mins, then added chicken and sweetcorn to warm through. Added a load of pasta, topped with cheese, and baked. Only for about 15mins til the cheese melted.

It was nice but if I'd been eating it on my own I would have added peppers and probably synned a few olives (hubby likes neither!)

Thankyou I shall add it to my list of meal to try, sounds like my kind of meal :)

It wasn't meant to be a pasta bake, just turned out that way...

Basically I 'fried' bacon, garlic, mushrooms. Added passata with a touch of sweetener and balsamic. Added seasoning and herbs, let it simmer for about 10mins, then added chicken and sweetcorn to warm through. Added a load of pasta, topped with cheese, and baked. Only for about 15mins til the cheese melted.

It was nice but if I'd been eating it on my own I would have added peppers and probably synned a few olives (hubby likes neither!)

That sounds gorgeous x

Right that's it I really need to get my bum into gear now. I didn't stick to plan last week as hubby was off (why should that be an excuse??), and I didn't stick to any of my rules I'd set myself.

So inevitably I have put on - only 1.5lbs, could have been a lot more so I should be thankful really but I am getting back on track today!
I'm still going to try it out with my rules of:
- No booze in the week
- 25 syn allowance mon - fri
- sat/sun 'off'

I've planned all our meals for this week (just dinners at the mo as lunches and breakfasts can be hit and miss depending on how much time I've got if we're out or not. But I think lack of planning is where I fail. I'm going to make sure I try new recipes too to keep things interesting.

I'm also going to get off my lazy bum and do some exercise. So here's my plan:
- move faster, no more leisurely strolls with the pram, it's power walking all the way!
- Found some mum and baby exercises online, so going to do these twice a day
- Do at least 50 sit ups a day (this belly won't shift on its own)
- try and do some exercise classes at home on fitness tv, baby mood dependant
- Try my hardest to get to buggyfit every Friday

I am determined that next summer (which is bound to be nice, we're well overdue a nice summer!), I will be wearing nice clothes and most of all be comfortable in my own skin

Monday 2nd July - green

Breakfast:
3 egg omelette with onion, green pepper and tomato
Baked beans

Lunch:
2 mugshots (not great I know but I was short of time)

Dinner:
Spaghetti arrabiatta (part HEXA for sprinkling of Parmesan)
Salad (HEXB for oil in dressing)

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 4 with skimmed milk (part HEXA)
WM toast (HEXB) with RF cheddar and onion (HEXA)
Aldi roar bar - 4.5syns

Total syns: 4.5

Last edited:
Recipe to try from starryeyedsuprise

mix lime juice, black pepper, salt and 1 egg white together.
crush some garlic and add to the mix.
make a bowl shape out of some foil and place chicken breast inside. pour over the mixture (the more mixture the better in my opinion!)
add some lime zest over the chicken
seal chicken with foil (to seal in the flavours)

cook for about 45 mins on gas mark 7 (thats how long mine took but remember to check yours to see if adequately cooked)

I put a clove of garlic in with mine as I love garlic so just put however much you want in.

dont forget to remove the zest before serving, its only there for flavouring!

Yay 100% day yesterday, first in a LONG time.
Go me!! Small steps and all that!

Not sure what today will bring though as Bella decided 2am was a good time to start playing (in bed as we co-sleep), and carried on playing until about 4.30... So needless to say I'm pretty tired!

Tuesday 3rd July - green

Breakfast:
WM bread - HEXB
'fried' egg and ketchup - 0.5syns

Lunch:
Syn free cheesy scones - HEXB for cheese
Baked beans

Dinner:
Lentil and vegetable soup (which actually started life as a baby purée but annabel karmel recommended adding extra stock to make a soup so that's what I did!)
Syn free scones

Snacks/syns:
Coffees with skimmed milk x 2 - part HEXA
2 baby bell lights - part HEXA
Mugshot
Aldi roar choc bar - 4.5syns

Total syns: 5

Last edited:
My first attempt at syn free scones. Added a HEXA of reduced fat cheddar to the top too.

Had for lunch with beans and will have the rest for tea with soup.
They were quite nice, but a bit dry so you'd need something wet with them. Even Bella had some, together with some chopped up leftover spaghetti arrabiatta from last night, which she enjoyed surprisingly considering how much garlic was in it!

Attachments

• image-1550080092.jpg
    image-1550080092.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 29
Woohoo 2 100% days in a row, if only I could do this every week!

Had a really bad night last night, Bella was up every 1-2 hours crying, no idea why. She's got a cold so could be that or could be her still non existent teeth! Either way her mood improved amazingly after some calpol at 6am and we just had an hour nap to try and catch up on some sleep.

So I haven't had any breakfast yet and have no idea on brekkie or lunch...

My chosen breakfast: sweetened French toast with strawberries and total 0%
Inspiration from britmums Facebook page as she poted a pic of the same a few weeks ago

Attachments

• image-2152797788.jpg
    image-2152797788.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 23
Wednesday 4th July - extra easy

Breakfast:
French toast, strawberries and total 0% (HEXB)

Lunch:
Pasta with onion, pepper, frozen veg and cheese (part HEXA)

Dinner:
Gammon, 'fried' egg, butternut squash chips and cauliflower

Snacks/syns:
Coffees with skimmed milk x 5 - part HEXA
Wine...

Total syns: too many :-(

Last edited:
My lunch - pasta, frozen mixed veg, chopped onion and pepper all cooked together, then half a HEXA of reduced fat cheddar stirred in. Added a bit too much pepper though as its making me sneeze!

Attachments

• image-3964010388.jpg
    image-3964010388.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 18
Confession time, I cracked open the vino last night.
Everything else was to plan and it could have been worse... I could have had a takeaway or eaten lots of chocolate...

Yeah I had a bit more than half a bottle, closer to a full bottle... I'm just going to draw a line.
I was really determined to keep wine to weekends only but I was so shattered last night after the 2 bad nights previously that I couldn't muster up the willpower to resist it.

Naughty naughty but back on track today, to be fair just a few 100% days a week will be an improvement on previous weeks

Thursday 5th July - extra easy

Breakfast:
None oops! Was too busy this morning cooking dinner and Bella boos baby purées to think about breakfast!

Lunch:
Delish!!!
Sweet potatoes roasted, middle scooped out and mixed with 40g Aldi light soft cheese (part HEXA), onion, tomato and pepper, and reheated under the grill and yes veg did make up 1/3

Dinner:
Beef and root vegetable hotpot cooked in the slow cooker.
Not sure what veg to serve with as only carrots and leeks are super free and don't make up 1/3

Snacks/syns:
Coffees with skimmed milk x 2 - part HEXA
Have to fit my HEXB in there somewhere too...

Well I had 1.5lbs off this week. And after my great start to the week it all went pretty downhill to be honest as I'm full up with a cold and feeling sorry for myself!
Including a 3 course Sunday lunch at our local yesterday, so I think I got off quite lightly!

So fresh week and fresh focus!

Hi honey,

It is hard work you're right!
The thing I find hardest is finding the time to plan - if I don't plan that's when I start to veer off course. I just need to get myself back in the swing of it!
Are you working as well? I'm looking for work after being made redundant and I've no idea how I'll be able to cope working as well when I do find something!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you hun! How is everything going?
I do work as well and I find that those are my worst days SW wise! I work right by a M&S simply food and I find the temptation too much. I do enjoy being back at work though as it means my days off are so much more special. Sorry to hear that you have been made redundant. Any news on the job front?

I have my WI tonight so fingers crossed it goes well. Lost 3.5lbs last week which I was so happy with! xx

Well I've been a complete slacker!!
Somehow I've managed to lose the 1.5lbs I put on last week, but I haven't stuck to plan at all so it's undeserved.
Going to try much harder this week, as we've got a long weekend away so I won't be sticking to plan then, so need to be good Monday - Thursday.
Just need to plan, plan, plan!

Back