Saturday

Hules

Silver Member
The heatwave is here whoop whoop!
If for my date with some zombies (run/shuffle) and then I have to eat next to zero points today as I'm off out tonight at a Jamie Oliver restaurant. Anyone ever been? I like his food generally so quite excited, not sure what to have though? Hopefully I'll make a sensible choice, I managed to yesterday at my INSET day buffet (mostly because there was next to no food left), I also didn't have a pud and they are amazing!

What'cha all up to today?

I've got work again today, but only for the afternoon. Right now I'm catching up on old Murdoch Mysteries, and in a bit I need to pull apart this handbag I'm 'making'. I'm just practicing with it right now to try and get my technique right. Something different goes wrong every time I stitch it back together, thank God for sewing machines! Then tonight I have my baby brother over to stay, and we'll probably watch DVD's or play Call of Duty or something if he brings his Xbox.

Don't know what the Murdochs are, I'll have to look that up. And you're a creative type :) me too, though I need a new project for the summer hols. I thought I might have a go at making a bag for the front of my bike, one that I can clip on, but can use as a crossbody bag too, can't find a decent one anywhere.

It's murder stuff, set in the late 1800's. Awesome viewing if you're into that sort of thing. I'm an old woman really, I love Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder too. I found that I don't find stuff I want when it comes to bags and accessories so I decided I should start making my own stuff. It's a new thing really, though I've always made bits and bobs. I only got my sewing machine last week and it's been a life saver so far with the amount of errors I've made so far! I love crafts though!

Sounds like my type of thing too. Just looked it up, it looks interesting! A kind of 1890s csi :).
Got me thinking about nutty bag again now, me and the hubby are travelling on folding bikes to Guernsey over the summer and I want it for then.

Yeah, it is like that actually! There's always a love thing going on too, and I'm a sucker for a good love story. I'd love a little holiday. I'm not going anywhere this year, and neither my partner or I drive, so we're lost for anything we can do just for a weekend away. Folding bikes eh? That's certainly a way to get around!

Yup, quite excited, cycle to the train station, train to poole, ferry to Guernsey, a few days cycling around then do it all in reverse. I love the likely things, it's our 40th treat.

That sounds really cool. I went to Guernsey before without a car, and travelled around by bus. I never thought to have gone the bicycle route. I like walking holidays too, I went to the Peak District and loved it. I'm quite outdoorsy, although my weight suggests otherwise! I'm really big on nature. Oh man, I want to do something now!

We live near the peaks, I love it there, we go all the time.I love to walk too though being quite 'peaky' it's got hills, and I don't do hills when I'm this overweight, I look nasty when I get to the top!

To be honest, I look awful after any type of walking! I was 5st lighter when I went though, it was a few years ago. My boyfriend loves walking, he could walk for hours; the only problem is that he walks about 6 times faster than me, so I'm out of breath keeping up with him!

And me, my hubby practically skips up the hills and doesn't even break a sweat :)

His family take massive four hour treks regularly. I went along once, one boxing day, and I was miserable!

Back