Sausage question- syn value for a grilled sausage, drained of fat!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi folks, I had a moment of weakness earlier and whilst making a cooked breakfast for my hubby (I'm good like that;)) I ended up caving into 2 sausages!! The make of them was Richmond and the food directory states that they are 5 syns each! However because I grilled them a whole load of fat drained from them so clearly the syn value would be lower minus some of the fat!! Do you think it's safe to half the syn value of each sausage?!!:confused:X

I personally wouldn't do that - how do you know that exactly half of the fat came out of the sausage? I like to be safe rather than sorry so I'd Syn them at their full value.

Others might agree with you though, and lower the Syn value of the sausages. I guess it really depends how strictly you want to follow the plan xx

Hehee!! Sensible answers to a not so sensible question!! But honestly, so much fat drained out of them, they must be high in syns in the first place purely because of the fat, so logic would suggest that the syn value should be lowered!! Oh well!!X

I know what you mean because if they were fried (for example) they'd be swimming in their own fat.

Ive often wondered the same actually.

I agree it doesn't work like that, look for low fat sausages on quorn ones in future!

Babydoll2011 said:
I agree it doesn't work like that, look for low fat sausages on quorn ones in future!

Oh well, its the first time in 2 yrs I've had full fat sausages, and I still lost 3lb that week lol! And I stick by my logic even if its against the powers that be! If u drain fat out of something, it HAS to become lower in fat/syns even though you can't quantify it! X

Back