Sausages

Hey anyone help me out with these please??!!

Sainsburys taste the difference bramley apple pork sausages

Per sausage:

132 kcals.
Fat 9.6
Sat fat 3.5
Sugar 3.2
Salt 0.74

Ingredient:

Pork 76%
Fresh Brampton apples 6%
dried apple
Apple juice
White sugar
Salt
Tapioca starch
Fresh sage
Black pepper
Dried sage
Sodium metabisulphite
Cinnamon
Ascorbic acid

Natural pork casings

Thanx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Usually about 6 each. Ur better off with the good for u ones, 1.99 a pack 1/2 syn each.x

9lbs lost so far! 12st 4lbs:) (updated daily)

Tinkerbellarella said:
Usually about 6 each. Ur better off with the good for u ones, 1.99 a pack 1/2 syn each.x

Thanks for ur help :) I'll just have 2 then.
If I'd bought them myself I would have bought the low fat ones but I live with the in laws and we share the cooking.woke up after night shift to find out we were having these and nearly had an embolism!! Lol!

She's at least done loads of veg n pots.I'll have to educate her gently.

Yesterday she did fish "cos it's healthy" but did the whole egg n flour batter fried in crisp n dry eek! My eyes were popping out my skull, I just subtly removed the batter :(

Hehe my mum would do that! U can get some 1/2 syn frozen sausages in the good for u range, not as nice as the fresh ones, edible though and a pack of 20 is about £3. Worth having for those, fish again? Days ;)

Hehe! Yep defo getting some of those in for 1/2 syn, I'm not a huge sausage person anyway,as long as it tastes like a sausage I'm happy :)

I think she's doing a roast today.eek think it's a big piece of ham with crackling,she'll cool it with a load if fat too I just know *sigh* and real roasts and real gravy.I'll have to just grab something else. 3 weeks till they're bk in France for a month, the fridge will be mine again lol!

I'm still stuck on 12lbs, bloody period has been threatening to start for like 2 weeks argh!! Hope after it comes and goes I'll have a nice little surge of a few lbs! Pleeease! Lol!

puddleduck108 said:
Hey anyone help me out with these please??!!

Sainsburys taste the difference bramley apple pork sausages

Per sausage:

132 kcals.
Fat 9.6
Sat fat 3.5
Sugar 3.2
Salt 0.74

Ingredient:

Pork 76%
Fresh Brampton apples 6%
dried apple
Apple juice
White sugar
Salt
Tapioca starch
Fresh sage
Black pepper
Dried sage
Sodium metabisulphite
Cinnamon
Ascorbic acid

Natural pork casings

Thanx

Surely these cant be bad at only 132 cals? I know would be 6 1/2 if you do the 20 cals per syn but surely pork is a free food?

Please can someone double check the syn value for sainsburys bgty extra lean frozen sausages. My book says one thing but I'm reading another! Info is...per 100g
Kcal..158
Protein..15.1
Carb..11.4
Which sugar..0.1
Fat..5.8
Which sat..2.2
Fibre..2

Think 50g per sausage.
Would be ever so grateful x

Please can someone double check the syn value for sainsburys bgty extra lean frozen sausages. My book says one thing but I'm reading another! Info is...per 100g
Kcal..158
Protein..15.1
Carb..11.4
Which sugar..0.1
Fat..5.8
Which sat..2.2
Fibre..2

Think 50g per sausage.
Would be ever so grateful x

Calculators got them as 1.5 syns per sausage if they're 50g each.

Not possible to know really as 80% pork doesn;t really mean anything other than that 20% of the sausage didn't come out of a pig - 'pork' still includes the fat in the pig that went into the sausage! Id just syn them at full fat to be on the safe side unless your butcher can tell you how much fat is in them. An average 57g sausage is 4.5 syns on red/EE.

Yea the other 20% is rusk skins n fat. Ive seen the sausage mix as i work ther n can honestly say that not many white bits in the mix ( which is the fatty bits ) but ill just have 1 to be on the safe side :) thanx

Hello don't know if this has been said but morrisons light pork sausages (40% less fat) are syn free :) not tried them yet but I've been and bought some today :)

Hello don't know if this has been said but morrisons light pork sausages (40% less fat) are syn free :) not tried them yet but I've been and bought some today :)

I dont think they are :confused: Im not aware of any meat sausage that is free. The closest are the 60% ones at half a syn each.

From the online syns, the Morrison's reduced fat sausages are as follows:

Eat Smart Pork Sausages, 40% Less Fat, 16 pack, frozen, 57g each 3
Eat Smart Thick Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each ½
Eat Smart Cumberland Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each ½
Eat Smart Pork Chipolata Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 10 pack, chilled, 40g each ½

Can anyone tell the syns for The Good Little Company good little sausages reduced fat:

Per 100g

Energy 187kcal
Protein 16.9g
Carbs 2.8g
of which sugars 0.4g
Fat 12.5g
of which saturates 4.5g
Fibre 1.5g
Sodium 0.5g

Thanks in advance:)

1 Syn per package/portion on Extra Easy
3 Syns per package/portion on Green