Sausages

I make sausages every week and my fav is tesco healthy eating Cumberland sausages. They are only 1 syn each and hubby doesn't know the difference x

Thanks everyone !! I miss my sausages since starting slimming world.. i need to get me some o.5 syn sausages lol

Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself(or whatever it is) Cumberland sausages are just half a syn - they are my favourite now. I wouldn't eat a regular fatty sausage now- yummers!

It's funny I don't usually eat sausages, I don't like the texture or the fatty bits but when doing Sw I eat loads, since i first did it if I bum sausages I now by the 60% less eat ones.

80% pork sausages

Anybody got any clue on syn values for these? They were the highest meat percentage I could find in the supermarket, although I wager if I went to the butcher I'd get better ones.

But wanted to cook some of these for dinner for everyone... so... syn value?

It doesn't go on the % meat because that doesn't say anything about the fat content of the meat part or about what's in the non-meat part.

"80% pork" just means 80% pf it came from a pig - but the fat on a pig is as equally "pork" as lean meat, pigs trotter, pig's heart or anything else. Lard is 100% pork for example! As is full fat bacon.

You need to post the nutritional info and we can calculate it for you.

Sneaky! I used to syn calculator online and came up with 3 syns for one sausage. That's a bit rich for me. I think I'll allow myself one tomorrow with a bit of a fry-up, but no more than one.
I'll have to ask around in the butchers' shops to see if there are any who do SW approved sausages. I have to say, I miss them terribly.

Sorry to jump on here. the syn values given for Weight watchers and the sainsburys ones are these for red or green days?
Could someone let me know the syns for green days please? I dont have access online at the moment
Thanks

Sorry to jump on here. the syn values given for Weight watchers and the sainsburys ones are these for red or green days?
Could someone let me know the syns for green days please? I dont have access online at the moment
Thanks

sausages are really highly synned on green... The values people are quoting is for EE & Red I would personally say its not worth synning sausages on Green, you would basically be going by the 20 cals to 1 syn rule as there is no free food allowance

Is that right, wow, WW sausages are lovely. Is that for Extra Easy, Red and Green days or am I clutching at straws. Thanks.

Hi safc

What a conincidence, I'd just popped on here for tips on sausages as I'm rejoining SW tomorrow.

My message about WW sausages was a couple of years ago and I've a feeling not long after they changed the recipe and the syns value went up.

Does anyone have an up-to-date sausage roundup? Seems these have all changed a few times, thanks.

What about Sainsburie be good to yourself extra lean cumberland sausages, they are1/2 syn each. Sausage and root veg stew recipe in this months magazine.

Dunno if this up already, but the new Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary veggie sausages are free and are lush! Available from sainsbugs

Fantastic, I love veggie sausages, was disappointed that the quorn ones were no longer free

Try your local butchers for sausages low in Syns. My local butchers has a range of Syn free sausages, burgers and meatballs which are YUM! My fave are pork and cranberry!x

Just wondering if anyone has access to a syn calculator and can figure out the syn value for chicken sausages. This is an American brand so I will give you the information on the nutrition facts.

Free food allowance: chicken

1 link = 85 g
calories = 180
fat = 12 g
carbs = 5 g
protein = 13 g

Any help would be much appreciated. American sausage is completely different to what the brits eat so I can't find anything comparable. Thank you ahead of time!

Last edited:
On my phone and I have looked through the thread and can' t seem to find what I am looking for,have I bought the right 1/2 dyn saus sainsburys be good 8 ex lean cumberland saus?
Thanks

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

Back