Saving HEa's & b's??

I know that we can't but I have been thinking about it so figured I'd ask :)

Like if I have only had 1 HEa for instance & the next day I had had 2 but wanted 1 more, what difference does it make having it a day late???

The way i see it is like your syns - some people don't have daily syns but use them weekly, which according to some consultants is fine, so why is it not ok to do this with our HE's????

Like if I have only had 1 HEa for instance & the next day I had had 2 but wanted 1 more, what difference does it make having it a day late???

The way i see it is like your syns - some people don't have daily syns but use them weekly, which according to some consultants is fine, so why is it not ok to do this with our HE's????

This sounds naughty.....same thing crossed my mind when I saw the 10 HexB flapjacks recipe earlier :eek:

It's because your HEs are healthy extras, which means you need them daily for your health. So the A choices are for calcium and the B choices are for fibre, and you need these every day in your diet. Having a cheese binge on 4 days worth of A choices in one go isn't a good way to get your calcium! lol! Hope that makes sense?

It's because your HEs are healthy extras, which means you need them daily for your health. So the A choices are for calcium and the B choices are for fibre, and you need these every day in your diet. Having a cheese binge on 4 days worth of A choices in one go isn't a good way to get your calcium! lol! Hope that makes sense?

Yeah it makes sence but my point was more i'f i'd had 1/2 my allowence one day & the next day thought of using 'up' what I hadn't the previous day, would it be so 'harmfull' ??

I was only asking as I have noticed on green days I tend not to eat all my HEb allowence :rolleyes:

Hmm...it's one of those tweaks of the plan. You could try it and see if you get away with it, but officially if you don't have it on the day, that's it...you lose it. But, if you're willing to experiment occasionally you could try it and see if it affects you!

Actually I think that's a cracking question and good to debate/argue.

Yes they are healthy extras, but not called Daily Healthy Extras lol. There is every argument for syns being 5-15 per day then start again the next day, but people interpret that at up to 105 per week to be used at any time.

I know it's an age-old debate - not helped by some consultants saying it is allowed and others not. I'm fairly sure some people probably do this with the HEX's too. Possibly not counting them.

It's a bit like saying you must have your healthy extras every day, but you can syn a little every day, or be a big synner on weekends lol.

I wonder what SW's official take on it is?

I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes I find it hard to eat mine in one day as I dont always use both choices for breakfast and save one for supper, then I end up falling asleep with the kids at 7:30pm and miss them! It would be good if you could have them the next day but haven't heard that you can x

This is something I do VERY occasionally - especially if I know I'm going out for a meal. What I find is that provided I only do it once a week say, and only save 1 for the next day, then I still manage to lose weight at a nice steady 1.5 lbs per week (which is what I have targetted myself to lose).
I'm in Spain with no support so I break the rules occasionally without having to confess to anyone! lol

I'm the same with my milk hex a. Somedays I only have 2 cups of tea so I don't use my full 250ml. Do I lose the rest or can I use it the next day? I have also heard that if you don't use ALL your hex a or hex b then you have to syn what you have had. Occasionally I will admit that I have written something on my food diary (for example 2 alpen lights as a hex b) ready to eat but not got round to eating both, then had the extra bar the next day. Probably wrong to do that, if someone in the know wants to confirm I won't do it again! :whoopass: xx

furrysmudge said:
I'm the same with my milk hex a. Somedays I only have 2 cups of tea so I don't use my full 250ml. Do I lose the rest or can I use it the next day? I have also heard that if you don't use ALL your hex a or hex b then you have to syn what you have had. Occasionally I will admit that I have written something on my food diary (for example 2 alpen lights as a hex b) ready to eat but not got round to eating both, then had the extra bar the next day. Probably wrong to do that, if someone in the know wants to confirm I won't do it again! :whoopass: xx

If you don't use all your healthy extra you don't have to syn what's left. It doesn't make sense that just because you don't eat the last few spoonfuls of cereal that it suddenly becomes a syn. It makes no sense logically or physiologically. However you should probably get a slapped wrist for not getting you daily allowance of fibre ?. But generally thing like calcium need to be daily as your body can only process so much at time so if you save them you may consume more than your body can cope with so it won't get the goodness out of it so you wouldn't get the health benefits.

healthy extras can only be used daily, once the day is over, if you haven't used it all you lose them.

healthy extras are not there as extra syns iykwim, they are there to make sure you get enough fibre and calcium daily, by carrying them over it defeats the object, and what you are actually then doing is having extra syns. Because you can only have the maximum healthy extra allowance in one day.

regarding synning the HEX if you haven't used it all, isn't because you haven't used it, but it may be beneficial to syn the milk that you have used and use a whole HEA for cheese, same as if you only eat 1 alpen light on a B syn it at 3 and have 2 slices of bread as yr HEB.... hope that makes sense

regarding synning the HEX if you haven't used it all, isn't because you haven't used it, but it may be beneficial to syn the milk that you have used and use a whole HEA for cheese, same as if you only eat 1 alpen light on a B syn it at 3 and have 2 slices of bread as yr HEB.... hope that makes sense

I agree with Debridger - I was using my hexa for milk in my teas as I'm a big tea drinker (probably around 10 cups a day) but I only have the tiniest spot of milk in it (around 1 tbsp). My consultant advised me to syn my milk and have something else for my hexa cos I wasn't using up all my milk. SS milk is only 0.5 syns for 2 tbsps so if I have around 10 cups of tea I'm only using 2.5 syns.

I now enjoy a nice chunk of cheese most days which I was really missing before I made the change.

Back