Saving syns/ compensating syns

Mamacandoit

Last week I'd had most of my weekly syns on one day (xmas) and then no syns or very little the other days but I noticed SW advises to not do this but just start afresh each day with 15 syns....seems a bit of a slippery slope to me though...a bit like "the diet starts tomorrow" mentality except of course tomorrow never comes.

That week I had a 1lb loss which is good but it's only my 3rd week at SW and I have a lot to lose so I thought I'd lose more.

any thoughts?

Celebrate losing your 1 lb. It's always the way that some weeks your losses aren't what you were expecting so it's hard to know if it's related to how you used your syns or not. If you stick to it you will be rewarded.

SW recommend flexi syn instead of saving/compensating because if you feel deprived you risk failing altogether. Their focus is more about staying in control and conscious eating.

I syn weekly every week just because it suits me personally but the weeks I use too many too soon, the rest of the week can feel tough so I do try not to do that too often.

Last week I'd had most of my weekly syns on one day (xmas) and then no syns or very little the other days but I noticed SW advises to not do this but just start afresh each day with 15 syns....seems a bit of a slippery slope to me though...a bit like "the diet starts tomorrow" mentality except of course tomorrow never comes.

That week I had a 1lb loss which is good but it's only my 3rd week at SW and I have a lot to lose so I thought I'd lose more.

any thoughts?

I agree with Target12.
And also try not to set a goal of how many lbs to lose each week because you're guaranteed to be disappointed... keep going you're doing great x

"Only" one pound loss over Christmas?? Most people would be very pleased with that.

I know but I REALLY didn't overeat at all so it was more like a normal week, although I went over my syns by about 10 I think.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll not set myself a weekly loss target anymore but concentrate on staying on plan.

Back